Author Topic: Bad Petrol, Carb cleaning.  (Read 1045 times)

azscootin

• AZ - But it's a Dry Heat!
    • View Profile
Bad Petrol, Carb cleaning.
« on: September 09, 2014, 06:22:57 AM »
Hi all scoots;

Have an issue that I'm trying to sort out.

I "mothballed" my People S 200 about a year ago and cannot get it going now.  Little history really quick....It was a daily driver for years, but switched over to an auto for safety reasons.

Anyway, I put in new gas and it will start but as soon as you give a little throttle, it will cut out.  The battery, oil level, lights, tranny fluid are all good.
The tank was NOT completely empty, so I'm thinking to drain it out and put brand new petrol in.  Others have stated to do that along with a carb cleaning.

Has anyone done that carb cleaning or can anyone suggest the issue that is causing the scoot from running? TIA, Steve
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:25:29 AM by azscootin »

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Bad Petrol, Carb cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 02:15:26 PM »
carb cleaning
Verify carb fuel passageways are not obstructed by using compressed air, a baby aspirator, or blowing through a drinking straw.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Bad Petrol, Carb cleaning.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 03:46:21 PM »
I GUARANTEE you can take just the idle jet out, clean it, and your problem will be solved. I do multiple carb cleans a week sometimes many a day and the idle jet is always the culprit. Clean it with a bit of fine wire until you see light through it.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()