Author Topic: RPM  (Read 2998 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: RPM
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2019, 06:53:59 PM »
Then do some measuring....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2019, 04:03:20 AM »
I just replaced my sliders and I am now cruising at 60km/h at 3000rpm. Feels weird.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2019, 08:48:14 AM »
Then do some measuring....

If I do this test and put the camera on it will this be enough to tell you how it maybe working or not working?

Kat :)

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 10:56:55 AM »

Awesome video for me!! Now I know what your all talkin about! :) I need visuals.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2019, 11:27:48 AM »
Yup, that's it! Yours work that way?
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2019, 02:22:30 PM »
what should the numbers be Karl? size belt? 
I may not get any trips in this year by the way it is going here for me.  I was evicted yesterday from my apartment all because of a post on facebook that someone decided to show my landlord of me saying to my friends I need to find a place to live cause I am very sick here in this moldy apartment.  He got mad!!! told me to leave by July 1st. :( I never said a thing bad toward him or his name or anything.  Not a thing.  Frig! :( the worse of it all there is nothing out there to rent.  It has been so bad here for about 4 years with this rent situation. Sigh.  I just want to get on my bike and go. But I can't :)
You find another place yet?
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2019, 02:49:32 PM »
You find another place yet?

No Karl and it is very bad here to find a place.  The past 3 or 4 years there is basically no rents.  We have the Chinese moving into PEI daily and they are buying out everything and kicking us all out! :)  I am pretty overwhelmed with this right now I tell ya.  I am selling most of my stuff (which isn't much) and becoming as minimum as I can get here. 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2019, 08:53:40 PM »
That sucks. Maybe time to up anchor and relocate...BC? Yukon? Get a green card and pick somewhere here in US. Naturalize if you like it...gotta be somewhere the winters are not so brutal.
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2019, 11:11:08 PM »
Dang Kat! - sorry to hear of this.
I had to look up "PEI" to see what we were talking about.
Living on a big 'ol island out there in the N Atlantic! --- do you put your scooter on a ferry to get to the mainland very often?

Anyway - talking with my street gang in my little coffee village I've learned that the wealthy have moved heavily into this quirky little town as well. House prices are crazy - apt rents are priced like house payments. Rentals are gone by the time they're listed in the paper - you have to know someone to find a place.
They tell me that there is a lot of "couch surfing" going on. Young singles or couples staying with friends who have an apt - sleeping on couches or the floor. With many young people hammered by college debt there is little extra $ sometimes. A LOT of youngsters moving back to live with their folks.

Don't know your income or financial situation - but maybe you can bunk with some friends - or relatives, until things look better for you?

Well, as Red Green used to say - "You don't want to argue with anyone larger than your van!" No, wait - that's not it.
Anyway - hang in there and know that you have a whole gang of Gringos down here pulling for you up there!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2019, 04:50:26 AM »
Yes, Tennessee was the LAST place on earth I ever expected to toss down my sea bag but it has a lot going for it: no state income tax, lotsa little settlements way in the sticks or even near big toens like Nashvile (where they have TWO Kymco dealers!) and lots of twisty roads. Alabama, too! Winters that are tolerable and the Deep South has a charm to it. Plus there is the Gulf Coast 8 hours south from anywhere in TN. Summers are hot and humid but much better in East TN at higher elevations...
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2019, 07:47:58 AM »
I just replaced my sliders and I am now cruising at 60km/h at 3000rpm. Feels weird.

Wow just saw this.  That is very different from me.  60km for me is like 6000rpm.  Yeah my bike always feels like it is pushing really hard and it is.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2019, 07:52:19 AM »
Dang Kat! - sorry to hear of this.
I had to look up "PEI" to see what we were talking about.
Living on a big 'ol island out there in the N Atlantic! --- do you put your scooter on a ferry to get to the mainland very often?

Anyway - talking with my street gang in my little coffee village I've learned that the wealthy have moved heavily into this quirky little town as well. House prices are crazy - apt rents are priced like house payments. Rentals are gone by the time they're listed in the paper - you have to know someone to find a place.
They tell me that there is a lot of "couch surfing" going on. Young singles or couples staying with friends who have an apt - sleeping on couches or the floor. With many young people hammered by college debt there is little extra $ sometimes. A LOT of youngsters moving back to live with their folks.

Don't know your income or financial situation - but maybe you can bunk with some friends - or relatives, until things look better for you?

Well, as Red Green used to say - "You don't want to argue with anyone larger than your van!" No, wait - that's not it.
Anyway - hang in there and know that you have a whole gang of Gringos down here pulling for you up there!

Stig

Ha no Stig we have that 13 km bridge now!  I can do the ferry as well but don't need to.   LOL funny with the Red Green thing.   I appreciate all your kindness and support.  I am scared.  It isn't so easy for me to do what you suggested oh boy if ya only knew. :) 

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2019, 07:58:36 AM »
Yes, Tennessee was the LAST place on earth I ever expected to toss down my sea bag but it has a lot going for it: no state income tax, lotsa little settlements way in the sticks or even near big toens like Nashvile (where they have TWO Kymco dealers!) and lots of twisty roads. Alabama, too! Winters that are tolerable and the Deep South has a charm to it. Plus there is the Gulf Coast 8 hours south from anywhere in TN. Summers are hot and humid but much better in East TN at higher elevations...

Hey Karl, sounds all good but not so simple for me.  I have no or very little money.  Have been sick for years with food and chemical sensitivities that cause me to collapse with no life force when I disrespect Kat's rules lol.  I was dying but I reversed alot but I still suffer and must be careful.  Stigs suggestions to go live  with someone is a nightmare on me cause I have to have my sleeping space free of just about everything. I need Karl to be in a warm place with my tent I would be very happy gal.  I don't need anything the world has to offer as far as material things except my art stuff and bike and tent :D The rest I am not interested.  I just want to be free.  I need out of this toxic moldy place asap.  Where I go it is always a huge worry cause I know how sensitive I am.   

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2019, 09:33:40 AM »
I am preparing to do my test making a video for you all to see.  Tell me that paper thingy lol sorry is hiding the back part of the belt can I just take that off and not worry about it.  I doubt if I remove it I can get it back on.  I want to be able to see the belt more.  Or maybe I don't need to remove it to see what this thing is doing?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:35:15 AM by Nireen »

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2019, 10:17:10 AM »
How high to I need to rev it before I see movement?  Just had it reving 5000 rpm and nothing moving from what I see.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()