Author Topic: Photos of 1st trip to dealer 2024  (Read 735 times)

scooter freak

• View Profile
Re: Photos of 1st trip to dealer 2024
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2024, 04:36:12 PM »
 I ended up getting the red & white supercub 125. that was the color I was looking for. ended up being Jan. so Honda was having a clean sweep sale so the bike was discounted 400.00! very happy with it but I'm 5ft 6 on a good day, may be too small and they will bog down fast on the hills. My 200 like is much better if there's a lot of hills. I do like the MPG though and its a blast in the corners. the suspension is soft so it rides well over the bumps. to bad you don't live closer to upstate NY, I'd let you take it out. I know there's a few who have completed the Scooter Cannonball with them

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2024, 09:51:17 PM »
I ended up getting the red & white supercub 125. that was the color I was looking for. ended up being Jan. so Honda was having a clean sweep sale so the bike was discounted 400.00! very happy with it but I'm 5ft 6 on a good day, may be too small and they will bog down fast on the hills. My 200 like is much better if there's a lot of hills. I do like the MPG though and its a blast in the corners. the suspension is soft so it rides well over the bumps. to bad you don't live closer to upstate NY, I'd let you take it out. I know there's a few who have completed the Scooter Cannonball with them
Yeah, I think a kid won something in the Cannonball on one of those Cubs.
I first saw these two at a street event in Yellow Springs, OH.  Absolutely my fav color Cub!

Then a year later I saw these two red Trails parked at the other end of Yellow Springs!
I was taking a photo when one of the owners walked up.
Yes, those other Cubs belonged to him and his buddy!

Actually, decades ago my 18 yr old wife and I rode our new white Honda 90 all over parts of New England, when we lived in Amherst, MA. Even up Mt Tom. Just used the gears and stayed off faster roads. We had a blast with that thing. 1968, so my wife put hippie flowers all over it.

If these had been avail in 2017 when I bought my Liberty150i.....it would have been a tough decision since I have been stuck on Hondas since that 90! (had 5 Hondas over the past half century)

Enjoy you Cub - photos when you can!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2024, 10:30:20 PM »
Speaking as someone who owned a 125cc Honda and is roughly in your ball park weight-wise Stig, I'd guess you too would struggle to get the little Cub up hills!  Shame as they do look great.

the 190cc I put in my K-Pipe solved that problem.  A zillion years ago, I had a CB125S, model year '73 iirc, 45-50mph top speed, maybe 60 down a steep enough hill. I've never been a lightweight, over 200 before I was out of high school, and now, I weigh more than my K-Pipe and I will leave it at that
RandyO
IBA#9560

scooter freak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 01:33:38 AM »
Good news on the Cub! they make a long single seat for those. I was on the supercub forum in facebook and many taller people are loving them with the longer seat. who knows, maybe in your future? lol

swoter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 11:36:44 PM »
Ride1 in Springfield! That’s where I bought my Like 150i.  Looks like they have a pretty good selection now.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()