Author Topic: Lithium Battery Install  (Read 506 times)

ScooterArtist

• View Profile
Lithium Battery Install
« on: December 31, 2019, 08:25:21 PM »
Hi everyone - just an FYI...
I needed to replace the battery on my 2014 Like 200i and went with and EarthX ETX18F Lithium Battery. Fits perfectly and has a battery management system. It has 230 CCA and 18 Ah (equvalent). Got mine from BatteryMart.com. You can see the specs here. https://www.batterymart.com/p-ltx18f-earthx-etx18f-battery.html.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Lithium Battery Install
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 11:48:20 PM »
Wow!
Expensive battery.
Twice that of the 14Ah, 230 CCA YUASA battery I've been using in my Like200i for 6 yrs.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

john grinsel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 10:10:27 PM »
Way overpriced in my world----cheap battery in bike used everyday has 2-3 year life.

ScooterArtist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 07:40:22 PM »
Forgot to say why I went with an expensive battery like this. I make many short trips not giving the scooter time to charge the new AGM battery I had. It got to the point I was dreading taking the scooter on these trips for fear of it not starting. The lithium charges so fast I no longer have the issue. There were less expensive lithium’s but this one had a great Battery management system so for me the extra money was so worth it. The scooter is our only transportation when we are out in our RV, which is five months every year. Love this scooter. The weight is just right for the back of the small motorhome and my wife and I can tool around and grocery shop. I have even taken it on easy four wheel drive trails in Colorado. Party on my friends!

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 05:01:00 AM »
Any issues with it in colder weather so far?
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

ScooterArtist

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:52:18 AM »
Any issues with it in colder weather so far?
The coldest I have ridden was about 50 degrees so I can’t say how the Battery Management System would handle charging in colder weather. I have read good articles by Battle Born and Relion and I know there could be problems charging in cold weather, but when the temp drops we migrate like the birds to warmer weather. LOL.

https://relionbattery.com/blog/lithium-battery-cold-weather

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 10:30:18 PM »
Yes, way overpriced. Good Lipos or LiFePos can be obained much cheaper. I guess roundabout $100,- should be more than enough.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2020, 09:19:14 AM »
Mmm does seem a lot, my last Yuasa for my Triumph was under £50 or about 65 bucks.  But, if it does the job YOU need it to do SA, then enjoy!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()