Author Topic: Confirmed rear fork bearing size  (Read 1491 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Confirmed rear fork bearing size
« on: March 09, 2017, 12:30:59 PM »
I can confirm that the bearing size for the rear fork is a 6203LU.....I have the fork in hand and a teenager has confirmed the lettering on the bearing.
Stig
PS: I had to buy a $6 puller to free the fork from the axle. Old bearing seems fine...but with new bearing in hand -- the scooter shop who are doing the tire install said they will RR the bearing for nominal fee.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 12:35:29 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Confirmed rear fork bearing size
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 06:34:55 AM »
Nachi bearings
http://www.nachi.de/files/quest_deep_groove_ball_bearing_2.pdf

So your new bearings lettering should be "NACHI 6203 2NSE9 JAPAN".  :D

So let´s hope the tire shop does a good job and installs the bearing with the lettering towards the outside of the fork.

I´ll go and get my ordered Schaeffler/FAG 6203-C-2HRS and FAG 6201-C-2HRS today.  :)

Edit:
Cancelled the FAG order and bought the SKF wheelbearing set for half(!) of the price. €21 (SKF) instead of €41,- (FAG)
2x SKF Explorer 6201 2RSH
1x SKF Explorer 6203 2RSH
Made in Italy

Should/must be good enough for a chinese scooter imho.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 03:14:05 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 06:47:25 PM »
I learned something about wheelbearings today that I want to share with you.

As just being curious and interested in the topic I called a spokewheel/rim/tire/chassis expert in town to ask him about the best available wheelbearing brands and manufacturer.

His answer was stunning and as short as it could get. He said it doesn´t matter at all what brand or what manufacturer you choose, because these motorcycle wheelbearings rather go bad because of "cold corrosion" - so his words - than because of wear.

Well then, I obviously made the right move to cancel the expensive FAG bearings. And I learned something.  :D
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 06:59:47 PM »
I learned something about wheelbearings today that I want to share with you.

As just being curious and interested in the topic I called a spokewheel/rim/tire/chassis expert in town to ask him about the best available wheelbearing brands and manufacturer.

His answer was stunning and as short as it could get. He said it doesn´t matter at all what brand or what manufacturer you choose, because these motorcycle wheelbearings rather go bad because of "cold corrosion" - so his words - than because of wear.

Well then, I obviously made the right move to cancel the expensive FAG bearings. And I learned something.  :D
Plus we are replacing a bearing on only one end of the axle...on the other end of same shaft is Kymco's bearing, carrying the same load.
Buy good, but it ain't the space shuttle. I'll  stick with Japanese.....Germans have no sense of humor. I want a happy bearing....
Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
Happy bearing sounds good. :D I promise to baby and pet and talk to my new and cheap italian SKF bearings until I install it.
I too want happy bearings.  ;D
Never thought about how houmorous the Japanese are....  ???  :)

And until today I always thought to ride on a chinese space shuttle, when accelerating and hearing that impressive howling turbine noise coming from underneath...

The US space shuttle is dead, long live the chinese space shuttle!
Cheers,
Robo

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 08:30:58 PM »
Today by removing the old bearing I found out that the absolute correct OEM bearing would be a TPI 6203 LU C3 bearing.
C3 stands for a little bit more clearance. I didn´t know that until today, so I bought the "wrong" one. And installed it nevertheless. And the old bearing was still good, could have left it in there for some more thousands of miles.

Here are two pics of my old one where you can see the C3 mark on the outer race:
Cheers,
Robo

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2017, 05:46:08 PM »
I am confident y'all shall soon be ready for Bonneville !

I'm thinking anything better than 1mph per cc would be great !
redk

kjems

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »
Need a confirmation about if this is correct type rear bearing for my Kymco Like 200i ?   (FAG  6203-C-2HRS)

About to change rear tyre, and would like to change the bearing as well, when im in there.

Kindly Jesper
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 01:15:47 PM by kjems »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2019, 01:59:07 PM »
Need a confirmation about if this is correct type rear bearing for my Kymco Like 200i ?   (FAG  6203-C-2HRS)

About to change rear tyre, and would like to change the bearing as well, when im in there.

Kindly Jesper
Should be....don't know what all the extra letters mean.
As long as it is a good quality, sealed both sides, 40x17x12mm.
I know for certain it is not Vespbretta's 6201!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 05:19:41 PM »
The 2RS means sealed both sides "2 Red Seals."
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

vespbretta

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 05:24:17 PM »
Should be....don't know what all the extra letters mean.
As long as it is a good quality, sealed both sides, 40x17x12mm.
I know for certain it is not Vespbretta's 6201!

Stig

The 6203 C 2HRS  is correct as for the rear wheel. The 6201 is smaller and for the front wheel!
Cheers,
Robo

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 07:06:34 PM »
The 6203 C 2HRS  is correct as for the rear wheel. The 6201 is smaller and for the front wheel!
That's good info - thanks Robo!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()