Author Topic: People 50 BUDDY SEAT  (Read 2795 times)

Richybooy1

• View Profile
People 50 BUDDY SEAT
« on: October 10, 2019, 05:03:47 PM »

Desperately looking for a 2005 Kymco People 50 2T Buddy Seat. Cant find one anywhere - any suggestions?
Anybody got an old one laying around they want to sell?
Please and Thank You.

SEANIA

• View Profile
Re: People 50 BUDDY SEAT
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 07:38:04 AM »
annddd

http://www.epfguzzi.com/kymcobiz/accessories/index.html

There ya go. Have one on mine and can confirm that's exactly what it looks like. The rear 3 "mount" holes don't bolt into anything, and are there for adding on a trunk. If you want it to look "sleeker" you can cut them off without losing functionality.

It doesn't actually match color wise . Gets close though. 

Richybooy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 05:40:40 PM »
 I think I found the end of the Internet searching for one of these buddy seats .  I did call this company and try and order one but despite their website saying they have these buddy seats in stock ..... they actually do not have any in stock and are on back order and likely discontinued .  Do you have any other suggestions by any chance or any other sources that I might be able to find one ?

SEANIA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2019, 07:23:59 AM »
Just a thought- tried bot colors right?

Anyway, yeah a few.

The design isn't all that complicated for it. If you really wanted one, money aside, you could custom order the mount made from a fab shop. Just bring them the bike (with seat/bucket off), and show them a picture of the mount- they'll be able to recreate it in a hour or two off that if they rush it.  You'd be surprised how many small shops there are around you that'd do it. The seat part is "easy" in that there's a shop for that too that makes custom seats...mostly is for people customizing their Harley, or making a seat on a bike from the 70's actually comfortable to sit on, but they'd make a clone of the buddy seat too I'd imagine.

If you can weld, I'd make the mount yourself. Seriously, just get some steel tubing and a tap set if you don't own one already. Don't have to make it all pretty, but could make something that'd work. If that's too much, could just get some steel plates to stack up and drill the appropriate holes into. The problem would still be getting the seat, but if you make the mount your self, you could adapt whatever rear seat you want to it.

I'd sell mine, but, it's currently my only 2 seater that's road legal. Hmmm, if I ever switch out the Kymco for somthing else- I'll take mine off and send it to you, but I imagine you'll find something else by then.   

SEANIA

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:43:12 AM »
Found it!

Well, found the Kymco official one.

https://www.racingplanetusa.com/seat-vehicle-tools-p-69001-1.html?backcPathco=390&cPath=2_18

The Euro version of the people 50 had a back seat available. Can order that. Might need to order some mounting hardware from the Euro version too, but should just bolt on.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()