Author Topic: our thoughts and prayers go out to Kansas Kymco  (Read 1886 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: our thoughts and prayers go out to Kansas Kymco
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2021, 02:39:04 PM »
Dan's cycle will have some very clean low mileage  scooters from my collection for sale.

My new current ride is a manual wheelchair, I purchased a used electric Jazzy scooter/wheelchair but it needs new batteries.  My neighbor went down to Wichita to pick it up for me.

I can't believe how helpful my neighbors/friends/family have been.

I'll have to admit my mind was in a dark place for a while. I went from a very active outdoor person to limited indoor activity.  I've watched more TV than I could have imagined.

My therapy will be three days a week. I can't do much with my left arm until I get some movement. My mind and speech were unaffected.  I get extremely frustrated not being able to do certain things for myself. 

I will work hard at therapy to be able to walk again and hopefully will get some function back to my left arm and hand.

I had a couple of very happy Collies when I came home.

Now I need to plan what UTV to purchase if/ when I get my leg back,  hopefully sooner than later. Will give me a goal to look forward to.

My balance seems to be improving as well. I thought of stashing one scooter back , just in case LOL.

It was kind of weird watching them load my collection up to take down to Dan's

One doctor doubted I would be able to walk again but said he would be happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks for your support,  I will check in from time to time on the forum and live vicariously through your adventures. Take care.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 02:53:49 PM by Kansas kymco »
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2021, 03:31:34 PM »
great to hear from you! Glad to also hear you're in a better place and feeling optimistic.  It's always good to have a goal or prize waiting for you as an incentive to accomplish something. A nice UTV sure would be a nice new toy to play around with!

Don't be a stranger on the board...you have more scooter knowledge and experience than most.

Keep up the rehab and I wish you well.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2021, 04:02:19 PM »
KK and Hawk,

KK, thank you for thinking of us - we certainly are thinking of you - and wishing you all the best!
Does Hawk have any photos of your collection which could be shared here?
I think some of us would be interested in seeing pictures of your motor-pool of well cared for scooters.

In any event- take care....
We've confidence in you - ..... you've a proven history of being able to sort out many injured machines and return them to good service.... :)

Best regards,
Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2021, 04:27:13 PM »
I had inspiration unknowingly this summer.  A person had lost the use of both legs due to a spinel injury from a diving accident.  He drove a UTV in the rally, hooked up a travel trailer and drove his truck. I was amazed by what he could do.

I thought of him and the countless veterans who had to deal with injuries far worse than mine. 

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2021, 04:58:02 PM »
KK and Hawk,

KK, thank you for thinking of us - we certainly are thinking of you - and wishing you all the best!
Does Hawk have any photos of your collection which could be shared here?
I think some of us would be interested in seeing pictures of your motor-pool of well cared for scooters.

In any event- take care....
We've confidence in you - ..... you've a proven history of being able to sort out many injured machines and return them to good service.... :)

Best regards,
Tom
Sorry Tom I never took any pictures of the collection of 32 bikes and scooters.  If you go to Dan's cycle you will be able to see part of my collection on his web site when he lists them . He has taken 12 scooters so far. I will hold onto the Yamaha Majesty and BMW F-650 until the last . Will probably keep my antique Yamaha Riva 180 as well.  Have a Kymco 200S in pieces in the garage to put back together as well . I have several Kymco parts bikes at the storage lot. Would like to make someone a good deal on the Kymco parts bikes and the 200S that's in pieces.  At this point just want to git rid of them.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2021, 08:56:45 PM »
@Kk, welcome back in the hive. You will be aboard again, don't worry. A shame that I'm across the pond, otherwise I would come and take some of your darlings.
Again, best wishes from Italy, Ruffus
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2021, 10:30:26 PM »
Sorry Tom I never took any pictures of the collection of 32 bikes and scooters.  If you go to Dan's cycle you will be able to see part of my collection on his web site when he lists them . He has taken 12 scooters so far. I will hold onto the Yamaha Majesty and BMW F-650 until the last . Will probably keep my antique Yamaha Riva 180 as well.  Have a Kymco 200S in pieces in the garage to put back together as well . I have several Kymco parts bikes at the storage lot. Would like to make someone a good deal on the Kymco parts bikes and the 200S that's in pieces.  At this point just want to git rid of them.
No worries about the photos.
Do keep the Majesty - a Majesty would look quite striking in a special place in any living room! Gorgeous scooters.
I'll check Dan's when he gets them settled.
Have a good evening!
Tom
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2021, 10:46:51 PM »
I guess I have to take back all the nasty things I ever said about Kansas since I left KU in '65! Met more gradscand bailouts (like me!) from K-State than ever from Lawrence! Glad to hear you are home. Just pour into rehab the best ever and prove the quack(s) wrong. You will make adjustments similar to the guy with the diving accident. I have seen many people who thumbed their noses at a "handicap" and did stuff that pleased them.

I think you will do just fine, KK!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2021, 11:11:14 PM »
Did see a neat off road wheelchair  the Action Tracker STS

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2021, 02:06:50 AM »
KK, glad to see you posting again and I hope you continue to recover and exceed your doctor's predictions. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Togger

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2021, 10:49:45 AM »

How does a person afford/ need 32 bikes and scooters?

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2021, 01:46:46 PM »
It's already been said, but I'll repeat it KK, welcome back to the board and please come back to us as often as you like!  I too hope that you prove the medics wrong, if anyone can, then that's hopefully you.  Just concentrate on your health for now and know that you have the good wishes and thoughts of everyone on here.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 04:55:50 PM by Neil955i »
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2021, 03:14:44 PM »
speech were unaffected.

good to hear, that was the only symptom I had with my TIA, speech, couldn't do anything but babble for a day, freeked me out
RandyO
IBA#9560

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2021, 04:28:19 PM »
How does a person afford/ need 32 bikes and scooters?
When I was working I put in 80 hr weeks most of the summers, I worked Holidays  as well for the overtime so people with families could spend it with them.  I was very conservative with my spending and invested money and lived below my means. This is how I had the money to pursue my hobby. None of my bikes and scooters were purchased new.

I had fun tracking down low mileage clean machines with the plan of flipping them keeping the cream of the crop.  I didn't have a large investment . Now because of the situation I will take a loss on them.

Hope that answered your question.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2021, 10:58:26 PM »
I knew Kansas Kymco had a large collection…but when I read ‘32’ I couldn’t help but smile. Wow. That is one impressive collection! I only have 3 and in a perfect world (which it is not) I would have a whole lot more! Imagine a bike for every different type of riding?

I’d have a small dirt bike, sport bike(s), cruiser, naked sport, big touring bikes (bagger and full dress), ADV, small scooter, touring scooter…..if only…………… 8)
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()