Author Topic: UXV 700 Race Build  (Read 10249 times)

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
Re: UXV 700 Race Build
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 01:49:28 AM »
Well Al
There will be no long term review on the 900s. They would not do the trade. But of course they talked me into something different. They had a 2014 trx450r left over. So this will be my speed toy. The wife and son can ride the kymco and I don't have to shovel my long driveway when it snows. Can't wait till the weekend, it's my turn to make them eat all the dust. And hopefully kymco will start to have some aftermarket in the near future. I prolly won't touch the suspension, local state forest trails are maximum 60" wide. And I am right there now.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 02:11:27 AM »
Sounds like you got a great deal there. My suspension kit keeps the width stock...your day just keeps getting better! Your wife will love you for getting this kit once I'm done with it...just saying ;)

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:34 AM »
I'm curious, how are you guys putting pictures on here. I can't get my phone to do it. It says file is to big. And I don't see an option to change anything?

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 02:50:50 PM »
This site is amazingly stingy with pictures, might have to do with bandwidth or hosting costs. I use Windows Live Photo Gallery on my laptop to resize images. I'm sure there is an app for your phone that can handle the tasks. Try Aviary Photo Editor.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
Another method from a phone is to use a picture sharing host like PhotoBucket.
You post the inage there, and copy the URL link to your post here. It's like VooDoo Magik.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:32 PM »
Thanks for the info. I give that a try. Too bad it all just can't be easy.  :-\

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
Yeah. I agree. I went thru hell figuring how to post Picts. here.  Now I mainly use generic Picts form the net to illustrate the point.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2015, 02:15:19 AM »
Wow finally had a company contact me and will reprogram a computer for me. Only hard part is I need to get the teeth count off of the flywheel. That sounds like a pain.?. This one is up your alley Al. Take the starter off and mark a tooth and rotate it? That is the only way I can think of.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2015, 02:34:10 AM »
I'm out of state right now, but when I get back next week I'll see if a motor is still in parts or not and get you a number if it is.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2015, 08:18:43 PM »
Great thanks. Hopefully this will work, Us Kymco guys can keep him busy.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2015, 11:52:01 PM »
Got to check out a Yamaha wolverine r-spec today. A guy I work with got one. Not a bad machine, just another sport utility. He took me for a ride, topped out at 52mph. Crap he's got 4 mph on me! lol.

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »
Later guys. Good luck with ur kymco's. I traded mine in today for a Teryx le. It is not the Polaris I wanted but it is better than what I had. Wife is gonna be pist, that's a 4wheeler and a sxs in one week.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2015, 06:26:07 AM »
Did some more testing and performance improvements this past week.

Clutch: Changed in some custom parts and springs. Peak hp changed from 40.63 to 42.43. But that's not the big news. From 20mph on up it had a good 3-5hp gain and it didn't stop until just over 56mph. This is a great mod!

Exhaust: Didn't alter it yet, but did run it with and without the endcap. With the endcap tops is 42.43hp, without the end cap it maxes at 44.59hp. It's particularly effective at low rpm, but shows improvement across the whole range up to 40mph where it is about the same with the cap, but then shows improvement again all the way to max speed of 56mph. I'll work on getting a muffler made that will take advantage of the lost hp.

Overall it's looking good. Had the head flow tested and it looks like it's a well designed head that will flow a lot of air, more so than the Raptor. We should see some very significant gains from the top end. I'm shooting for 60hp to the wheels, this puts it in 900s range. We might even make it into 900XP range. With the increase in power, I will most likely move to larger tires, like 30". This will increase my top end to where it needs to be.

More updates in a few weeks after the next WORCS race and maybe even news on the a-arms!

JoeMarshall

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 11:10:53 PM »
Yes they look sweet with 30" bfg's, my opinion. Seen a rhino with the long arm kit and 30's. And I cut my exhaust tip off and put a 1.5" tip on it, looked way better than the very small tip on it stock. I noticed no power gains. Still had the spark arrester just no cat. Wish I could post a picture but I give up on that. Good luck at the next race. Make another video that was cool to watch.

Update on the Teryx: I love it, getting the power commander for it this weekend, wanted to get exhaust but it's around $900 for the full kit. No way, I'll stay quiet for that price. Mainly trail ride anyway, no need to disturb the wild life. I had to laugh the first ride I went on, it's governed at 50mph, really? Come on. Thankfully there is aftermarket for this machine. It was hard to hand the keys to the 700i sp over but now I'm not regretting at all.

Wicked Al

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »
Straddleline ORV park WORCS race #7 is in the books.

You can see the picture gallery and video on my fb page. https://www.facebook.com/warpoffroad

The suspension and power were pretty good. Had an issue from the get go when I hit the first big table top and landed fairly hard, I broke the front differential mount. Finally figured out what was happening and switched to 2WD and continued racing. Did that for a couple of laps then high centered on a large log in the woods and stayed there for the duration.

The next two races can take advantage of more power so that's where I'll be concentrating my efforts as it seems the suspension is doing a-ok.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()