Author Topic: Hawaiian style!  (Read 1651 times)

808Hawaiian

• View Profile
Hawaiian style!
« on: March 30, 2011, 06:48:44 AM »
Howzit everybody I found this forum trying to de-restrict my cdi, and doing so i found out that there are lots of ways to tune out my Kymco agility 50. I live in Hawaii and people are crazy about mopeds but only 2 strokes. I cruise with a lot of people who have little 72 cc and 8o cc mini stroke and full stroker. Those things are so crazy they all can hit like 60 mph easy fastest like 110 tops. Nobody has a sick 4 stroke and i wanna be the first to produce a crazy one, one to keep up with these 2 strokes even on the up hill. So far i have i de-restricted cdi and a leo vince exhaust.

If anyone so has advice please say something.
Aloha and mahalo nui loa

spr0k3t

• View Profile
Re: Hawaiian style!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 04:39:42 PM »
You can do the fun de-restricting stuff, then you can do some small tapping in the flow of the system by changing out the exhaust (already accomplished) and intake.  From there, look into changing the variator, rollers, clutch, belt.  A 50cc 4T you are looking to max out closer to 63 roughly.  You may be able to push the top end replacing the rollers, but then you could adversely effect the accel to get to the top end.

Welcome to the forum btw.

808Hawaiian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 06:01:35 PM »
Okay but living in the middle of the ocean makes it hard to get parts. I know malossi has parts for this moped. Any idea of where to get these parts and at a decent price?

Whisper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
You can certainly put a bigger bucket on your 4 stroke, but the reason most people don't is it is MUCH more complex than the 2 stroke.  You have to deal with pushrods and rockers (doubtful) which aren't too bad, or overhead cams (usually) and their associated bearings & chain.

Not saying it is impossible, it just takes more time, tools, and skill than the 2 stroke (Which requires you to remove 4 bolts LOL!

808Hawaiian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 03:13:58 AM »
anyone have info how to get an 82 jet?

TechGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:39 PM »
I think the most effective way to make a 4T faster is a scooter upgrade to a larger cc or get a 2T.  You can spend buckets of money with a 4T to make it go 5-15 MPH faster and you are done.  You can by a second 2T scooter and hop it up for pennies.  4T scooters do not respond well to performance tuning and become much less reliable the further from original you get.

Just my opinion based on years of reading forums and watching failed attempts, you are free to disagree.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()