Author Topic: Hello there new guy here and just bought a black and white 2021 450i MXU  (Read 1112 times)

Vaquero44

• View Profile
Hello all ,   my girlfriend just bought a 2021 mxu 450 i base she loves the machine but we havent got 2 miles on it and tranny seems to bind going into gear is this a common issue with them? i'm jealous myself love the look of it i actually 2 brute force 300 versions that have the 270cc engine and love'm im a heavy dude and cant believe how fast this thing will move me 385 and will break 50mph also im getting 60 miles on a tank of gas 3.2 gal tank i think

Bratman2

• View Profile
I have a 2014 MXU450 bought new in 2015. Yes, they can be finicky putting in reverse from forward. If that is what you are talking about. It will get better with some miles on it. You can adjust the shifting rod but, I would wait a little while and put some miles on it first. I have found rocking it by shift my weight back and forth helps. Mine still does it on occasion but it is rare. I adjusted my shift rod at maybe 75 miles or so. Then around 150-200 miles I had to screw the rod back some as it broke in more. Kind of over shot it. Mine gets used a lot for yard work, 50" sweeper and a large lawn roller that you fill with water. Tow a 500lb. utility trailer 1 mile to my daughter's house with a push mower, grass trimmer, gas blower and my German Shephard during the summer grass season. Also fun in the woods and three days at the Hatfield McCoy trail system, covered about 90 plus miles in those 3 days in the mountains. Only thing I have replaced is the speed sensor. Just to let you know. We have a Yamaha Grizzly 450 also which was my first ATV. I much prefer the Kymco myself. Just saying!
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

Vaquero44

• View Profile
well thats great news as my girl firiend plans on doing pretty much the same now another question i have when do you change out the break in oil?  100 miles or so?

Bratman2

• View Profile
You will be pretty safe at the 100 mile mark for the first change. Think that is when I did mine. I used 0W-40 mobil 1 in mine. I would just be careful not to use any energy conserving oil.
2019 UXV 700i LE Hunter
2014 MXU 450i
2004 Mongoose 90 (grandson's)
2010 Grizzly 450

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()