Author Topic: Ice Cream Rides  (Read 4118 times)

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
Ice Cream Rides
« on: July 13, 2016, 02:28:16 AM »
Last night, Jaxon, my 12 year old grandson visiting us for the summer, finally got grandpa to go out for a ride. We've been busy working on our place.  My grandson Jaxon, who is 12, is staying with us for the summer as he lives in Layton, Utah. Last night we made an ice cream run to Dairy Queen after riding the twisties around our lake. He's been chomping at the bit ever since he got here to go riding but first we had to get past our birthday bash we had this weekend with my kids/grandkids from San Diego and Austin.

He did great, leaning in the corners on my SW and we stayed out later than planned as it was 9:00 by the time we got our hot fudge sundaes. As we turned down our county road off the state highway heading home,  my wife passed us as she was worried and went out looking for us. Typical Mom.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 02:45:02 AM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

GLV55

• View Profile
Re: Ice Cream Rides
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 02:36:04 AM »
Looks like great fun! Way to get the scooting bug into the younger generation there, Dan!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 10:02:41 AM »
Nice post and pix Dan
Thanks
(cell phone mom next time)
Stig
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 01:04:57 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 11:14:04 AM »
Nice Dan!! Next generation of scooter riders. My 9 year old,loves it too. Stig, is right , if your gonna be late,especially if your out riding, You Have To Call!!!!! Trust me, I've gotten in trouble before. Ride safe.

- Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:06:33 PM »
Yep, you guys are right and I should have called or texted from Dairy Queen. I was already in the dog house with Deb over something else so it just got piled on.  Geez it sure was cozy sleeping with ole Rufus outside Monday night.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »
I remember fondly riding either on the tank or the back fender of 1947 BSA's my folks had. The tank was more comfy since it did not have a ridge down the center. That put a bug in me that is here today! Thanks, Dan!

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 06:03:43 PM »
Ice cream run now that's a thought. That's cool you and your grandson have a special bond with riding.

My wife never worries about where I'm riding as we use the Find a Friend feature on our iPhones. I just tell her the general direction I'm heading and if she so desires runs the app to see where I'm at.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 10:49:19 PM »
Ice cream run now that's a thought. That's cool you and your grandson have a special bond with riding.

My wife never worries about where I'm riding as we use the Find a Friend feature on our iPhones. I just tell her the general direction I'm heading and if she so desires runs the app to see where I'm at.

That's a pretty cool app. Wonder if it's available for Android?

Today we did a cheeseburger run and then stopped by my favorite coffee shop, Brady's for some Java and at Lowes on the way home. Pretty hot day at 94 but Jaxon never complained. Tomorrow morning we'll do a hundred miler together as we head north to a golfing community to meet an adjuster on some tornado damage to a home we're bidding on.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:08:23 PM by Scooter Dan »

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 09:41:29 PM »
Where's the photos of the ice cream? I feel jipped. :)
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 03:08:34 PM »
Where's the photos of the ice cream? I feel jipped. :)
Darn, was that you lurking out in the parking lot with a cardboard sign duct taped to your scooter that read; Will Work for Ice cream?

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 11:18:29 PM »
Darn, was that you lurking out in the parking lot with a cardboard sign duct taped to your scooter that read; Will Work for Ice cream?

Well I've worked for scooter parts before. :)
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 12:51:35 PM »
Jaxon and I were up early yesterday and rode out to a clients house to pick up a check and then onto Brady's Coffee House for a cinnamon roll and coffee. Living out in the country we took all back roads and I figure it was about 40 miles to town. I asked him about going to the Suzuki dealer and looking at bikes as his eyes lit up.

He was all over the ATV's and got a couple pics of him. Seems like this dealer has really increased their inventory with those and has greatly decreased their motorcycles. Also, I counted 3 Burgman 200's, 2 Yamaha S Max's and one 50cc Zuma. No Burgman 650's or 400 was on the floor or ordered for this year. Seeing the increase in the smaller scooters, I wonder if this is a growing trend to seeing the decrease in large Maxiscooters in the US?

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »
Jaxon and I have been riding nearly every day this week as yesterday we visited a buddy of mine who owns a high performance sports car mechanic shop. Here's Jaxon in front of an older Ferrari. Today we're out meeting a client and headed over to Honda dealer to pick up an ordered part. A couple days ago we stopped at a snow cone shop for a dill pickle snow cone. I tried Jaxon's and have to say it's the most unusual one I've ever had. What a pucker experience.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2016, 05:04:18 PM »
Jaxon and I have been riding nearly every day this week as yesterday we visited a buddy of mine who owns a high performance sports car mechanic shop. Here's Jaxon in front of an older Ferrari. Today we're out meeting a client and headed over to Honda dealer to pick up an ordered part. A couple days ago we stopped at a snow cone shop for a dill pickle snow cone. I tried Jaxon's and have to say it's the most unusual one I've ever had. What a pucker experience.

Nice scooter & youngster - wrong Donut shop....
PM me ...I will send googlemaps of all Tim Horton's located above the equator.
(I used to think DD had the best coffee--- until I had Tim's)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2016, 05:37:07 PM »
Nice scooter & youngster - wrong Donut shop....
PM me ...I will send googlemaps of all Tim Horton's located above the equator.
(I used to think DD had the best coffee--- until I had Tim's)
Stig

Heard of Tim Horton's the other day for the first time. My client, a Canadian said they're wonderful and said they're healthier. Didn't know donuts were healthy however perhaps it's in the, "ier". Unfortunately not available here in the Tyler area but perhaps in Dallas or Houston which are too far to ride for donuts.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()