Author Topic: Grand Vista highway pegs  (Read 2067 times)

karpata

• View Profile
Grand Vista highway pegs
« on: January 27, 2015, 02:24:03 AM »
Has anyone made highway pegs for their GV? I really love my scoot but feel cramped and would like to stretch out a bit. Thanks in advance.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Vista highway pegs
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:22:25 AM »
Has anyone made highway pegs for their GV? I really love my scoot but feel cramped and would like to stretch out a bit. Thanks in advance.

Hiway pegs are miserably cold in winter.  I don't even like it when my knees are in the breeze.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »
What about the summer?

A few people here have talked about them, and the conclusion was that the body has to be cut in order to attach them to the frame.

No big deal if you are handy or know of someone who is. Simple edge trim will give it a factory finished look.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Grumpy old man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 11:28:30 PM »
I have been considering what to do for the Grand vista as well when I finally decide to do something will let the forum know but here is what I came up with a few years back for the People 250S it was really cheap and it worked just some pipe nipples some pieces of flat stock and some longer bolts that were already in place in the floorboard.  once the nipples were in place I added some tac from an old buzz box.    I hope this allows pics..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 11:47:22 PM »
That is actually Very cool.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

scootermax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
tried to post pics of my floorboards and pegs. says its to big and exceeds the 192 KB. How do u resize the pic and what size should it be.?

scootermax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:32:49 PM »
on my downtown 200i, i used the existing bolt mounts under the rubber floorboards. cut sculptured plywood floorboards, stained and clear finished and used longer bolts in place of originals. bent flat stainless bars to match  angle of fairing and bolted to wooden floorboards and mounted footpegs to bars. someone tell me how to upload pics and i will.

scootermax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 08:56:30 PM »
downtown200i

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 05:07:33 PM »
tried to post pics of my floorboards and pegs. says its to big and exceeds the 192 KB. How do u resize the pic and what size should it be.?

W/ windows right click, and the meneu will say "edit".

Top left of the Paint window will say "Resize"

Then you have options to do "Percentage" or Pixels

I always do Percentage.

If the original is 400kb do 45%...  400/45%=180kb  Then simply save it. It's easiest to use "Save as", and make it a jpeg, and save it to a new location. 192kb is the max size.

If you right click on any image, and then "Properties" that will tell you the actual size in kb / mb

scootermax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 05:20:23 PM »
200i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()