Author Topic: Agility RS 50 poor acceleration  (Read 2609 times)

Stellagod

• View Profile
Agility RS 50 poor acceleration
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
Hi, thanks to your advice I've got my derestricted (roller and ecu) Agility RS 50 4 stroke running really well but now the acceleration is suffering. The scooter takes a long time to accelerate up to speed (45mph) It used to be quite nippy. Can anyone please advise the most likely causes? It also seems to labor more than usual on hills
Thanks Stellagod

ConradFr

• View Profile
Re: Agility RS 50 poor acceleration
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 06:29:40 AM »
Hi

Look at your rollers and chage them
There is number of thread about this

Bye

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
What weight rollers did you install?
Have you adjusted the idle MIX screw?
 The idle mix will affect acceleration to some degree. Too rich will slow it down until it takes off on the main jet. Actually same thing if it is too lean.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 11:18:01 PM »
Try 5.5 rollers and ,2 1/2 turns on the idel screw.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 12:05:34 AM »
2 1/2 ish turns.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 01:22:09 AM »
Try 5.5 rollers and ,2 1/2 turns on the idel screw.
     opps the gas mix screw. 2. 1/2 turns.

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »
Hi, thanks for the advice - I've changed the rollers and adjusted the tickover screw. The result was an even slower scooter. I've tried mixing the rollers but still no improvement. What would heavier rollers do?
Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
Heavier make less rpm/less acceleration. You still didn't say what weight/brand rollers you installed.
Did you change ANYTHING else? Some belts will slow you down.

Nothing you posted here could unless you have heavier rollers than what was installed before you swapped them, or did something else we do not know about.
Post up all the details, and we can help you better.

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »
Hi, I changed the orginal 6.5g rollers to your suggested 5.5g. I bought branded ones to avoid balance issues. I'm now running a combination of the two. I didn't change anything else - honestly!. I was wondering can the timing be adjusted to affect the scooter's performance? Can the timing slip? I've no idea...
Cheers

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 12:31:05 PM »
The Ign. timing can slip IF the woodruff key shears off. If this happens the bike just won't run.
Mixing rollers is a bad idea. for a lot of reasons.

Tyr this... Use a magic marker to draw some lines on the inside faces of the front pulleys from the center to the outer edge. Ride the bike for a mile, and look to see how much of the line is worn away. That will tell you if the belt is getting full travel.

Second thing is adjusting your valves... This vid. is for a 150 but it's the same. The ONLY difference is the fan cover has to come off to see the timing marks.

Hopefully one of these will help.

Stellagod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:34 AM »
Hi, I decided to change all the rollers back to 5.5g and just run it as is. After four days of sluggishness the scooter has sprang into life and is now performing really well? I'm not complaining but I've no idea how the performance has suddenly changed from one day to the next??
Cheers Stellagod

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2014, 10:59:03 PM »
Don't ask! some things you just don't want to know.  It could have been just some crud in the jet(s) that pulled thru.

Glad it's better.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()