Author Topic: S8 150 - "Green Dragon" the story continues  (Read 16297 times)

glopezz05

• View Profile
Re: My new S8 150, the "Green Dragon"
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
my rear flap was gone when I got my a50...

but I don't ride in the rain so I'm good.

Wt...

Sweet friggin ride.  I'm looking for a sutible s150, and cash...

how were your speeds?
Im usually on a bicycle, so for me, this thing is hauling ass!

WT100

• 100 countries or bust, 74 so far.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2010, 02:59:52 PM »
True speed (GPS clocked)  is in the upper 50s on the flats and holds speed pretty well in the hills.  I have the feeling that Kymco builds for long life and dependability instead of race tune.  I'm sure that if and when i go "under the hood" it won't be too hard to get low to mid 60s out of her.  Good luck with your upgrade search.  I'll say it was definitely worth waiting till i could afford Kymco quality and styling.

courior

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »
Nice scoot/pics!!

Really jelous of all the nice roads im seeing on this site lol!

Just wondering why you guys in USA dont put the indicators in the euro spec part of the bike, ie in the front plastics, and either side of the tail light? IMHO it looks much better than things sticking out. I guess u have a sort of road worthy test over there that this would be a violation of or something? but i have seen the same styling on bigger sports bikes in the USA and they seem to get away with it :)

Courior

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 11:26:28 AM »
WT100, you mentioned how you think Kymco build for long life and dependability, I have recently had my crankcase opened for a little tinkering, and what I found was a pair of main bearings that were a lot heavier than I expected to find. The outer race was roughly twice the thickness of a standard bearing race. I don't know if this is the norm with all scoots, or a Kymco thing with reliability in mind. If the bearing fails, there is a solid race to protect the case from damage. I may be wrong in my thinking, but it sounds good to me. :)
EDIT:
I have posted a pic of the bearing in the ZX50 section, in the thread, Crank Bearings????.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:45:01 AM by sidthesloth »
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »
Ok, the modding begins again.

Not a big fan of the comic book graphics so all graphics removed and pipe guard painted. 

I did a black base and then "smoked" it with silver and green, then a couple of clear-coats.

Next up just got notice that my Michelin Pilot SC tires are in at the dealer.  I'll get those installed tomorrow or thursday.

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
WT...

Loving the updates on the green dragon...

I am SOOOOOOO close to getting my s150.  Wanted to ask you a couple questions.

First, thanks for posting your gps verified speeds.  Sounds like exactly what I need.

Are you noticing any increase in speed now that its further into the break in?

The stock windscreen... is it worth a damn?  wonder if it can be removed if not.

How are the new piolots?  Notice a big difference between them and the stock rubber?

Also, The scoot looks WAY better with the graphics removed.  I mean, it looks like a sport bike now.  Great idea... probably my first "upgrade" when I finally get my hands on one.

cheers mate.

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
Your gonna LOVE the 150!

I've gained 1 or 2 mph.  Next mods should change that.   ;D

Stock screen can be removed but i think it is better than nothing on windy rides.  Helps a bit in a tuck.

The tires should run in at about 100 miles but i was carrying way more speed through the very first corner out of the dealer.  Stock tires are no comparison to the SCs.  I really can't overstate how much i recommend them.

Glad you like the new look.  I like it even more than i expected.  To bring green into the back end i'm going to paint the under fender, the under seat pan and probably the rear rack. 

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2010, 01:19:09 AM »
what size did you order for the front?  I can't find a 100/80-14 but did find the 120/80-14.

WT100

• View Profile

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 12:08:53 AM »
A little more done today.  Under fender back on.  Not an exact color match but very close considering it's a rattle can from Lows. ;D

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 01:17:46 AM »
Looks slick.  Are you planning on doing the front also? What about repainting the muffler shield?

I saw a blue and yellow 150 that had all the yellow panels painted gloss black.  I think i found my first winter project.

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 01:48:20 AM »
Don't you like my "smoked" muffler shield?  I'm kind of digging it.  At least till i order a new pipe. ;D

Front fender is a nice textured mat finish so will leave it alone for now.  But i'm really not sure what the final will be.  I try to change one thing at a time and then give it a day or two before i do the next thing. 

glopezz05

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 01:56:56 AM »
I do like the sheild but now you have 3 different greens going on...

just wondering.  I like the look. And I think its a great idea to give each change a few days to get a better feeling about it and what to do next.

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »

I saw a blue and yellow 150 that had all the yellow panels painted gloss black.  I think i found my first winter project.

I almost bought a Yellow / Blue one last week that was on CL cheep.  I would probably have gone with the old Yamaha  scheme of Yellow / Black.  Also in Europe and Asia they are way into the mat finish so i would probably do the black like that.  Sure like the way it looks on the Dragon.

WT100

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 06:00:23 PM »
One more little update.  Painted the red on my old tail bag. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()