Author Topic: New 2015 Super 8 150X  (Read 620 times)

graymayre

• View Profile
New 2015 Super 8 150X
« on: May 09, 2018, 07:45:45 PM »
So I landed this machine for a good price at just over 100 miles.  It sat in storage for 2 years so there was a bit I needed to do to get it running again.
It would start but wouldn't idle.  I added Heet to the fuel to try to get the crap washed out (I should have drained it but I'm a noob.)  I replaced the fuel filter and spark plug.  Marked improvement, but still no idle.  Tore the carb apart (watched lots of youtube.)  Figured the worst I could do was replace it.  Got it cleaned up, learned alot about carbs and put it back together.  It was getting late so I tried cranking it a bit and put it back on the tender.  Figured it needed more fuel down the line as I had drained it.  Next day, primed it 10x and it kicked right up!!!
Excited me ran it around a bit, made sure it was super, adjusted the idle (like I know how to do that now?) and got it insured.  Registered, titled and tagged today.

So now.....here are my questions.

Right now while I burn off the 87 I put in it, I am getting 53 mph. 
Today I am putting fresh 91 in it (non-ethanol) and seeing how fast it will go on level surface.

I learned about roller weights, jet mods and cold air/short ram intakes. 
I am at about 315 feet above sea level.
I am 6'1" and weigh in at over 220 lbs.

Are there any small things that would make a noticeable impact on my top speed?
What size main jet is preinstalled in this scooter?
If you have replaced your main jet, what is your elevation, top speed, and mpg impact?
If you have modified your roller weights at all, what has been your experience?
Does anyone have experience with short ram or cold air kits, marked performance or efficiency?

I don't care as much about acceleration as much as getting to about 60 mph+ and still being fuel efficient.
I do know that if I put too large of a jet in that it will (of course) negatively affect my efficiency, however the right size can improve it.
I also noticed that the idle dropped when I reassembled my air box after getting it started.  I'd like to improve air flow.

Thank you for your assistance!

Edit:  No noticeable improvement with the 91.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:29:20 PM by graymayre »

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Re: New 2015 Super 8 150X
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:03:11 AM »
Rules for scooter performance: Fuel grade won't affect top speed at all.  Roller weights affect acceleration slightly (lighter weights increase RPM during acceleration); weights don't affect top speed.  If it accelerates from a stop without snapping or farting, the mixture is correct. If it snaps or farts from idle, mixture is lean, up-jet one size at a time to correct (jet size is stamped on the side of the jet). Mixture tends to become rich as altitude increases. Unrestricted CDI will increase maximum RPM to 9,000RPM, and speed possibly to 60mph, but will shorten the life of the engine. 

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()