Author Topic: 2018 People s 150 abs won't start  (Read 12223 times)

i.kaptan

• View Profile
2018 People s 150 abs won't start
« on: December 25, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »
Bought a new people s150 abs in the first week i had to carry the bike in the service for not starting during cold start. They said it was the fuel and that it was dirty and to change gas station ( from the specific gas station i used it for 15 years without any problems) after changing the gas station and a week later it one morning again during cold start it didn't start again.  For the second time i went to the official service from were i had bought the bike they had the bike for 13days and every day that i called them they would say to me that they didn't know what is the problem and they were searching. After 13 days they told me it was the battery and they had change it. I took the bike and after 1 day of use it doesn't start again.Now they are closed for christmas. The bike is the new model people s 150 with abs i bought it new for 3000€  2 month ago and this is the third time that i have the same problem and the official service mototrend in greece doesn't know what is wrong with the bike. I have videos that i have uploaded on youtube i can post the links that it won't start.i also emailed to official kymco and i had no responce.

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 People s 150 abs won't start
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:29:22 PM »
First thing I would do is to remove the spark plug when the scooter doesn't start, then ground the plug against the tappet cover and swing the starter to see if you can see any spark at the spark plug.

If there is no spark, you can do the same test on a new spark plug.

If you don't see a spark at the new spark plug, you should do an Ohm test on the ignition coil to see if the the coil or plug wire is not faulty.

If the ignition coil is not faulty, the CDI or ignition switch might be faulty.

In short, you can save a lot of time just by checking if there is any spark at the spark plug.
If you see sparks at the plug during the test, it means the problem is fuel related, and not an electrical problem.

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 04:11:30 PM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

i.kaptan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 05:03:40 PM »
The bike is new and it's still on warranty so i don't want to do anything that after they gonna say me that the warranty is off.
Can i do anything for pressure the official service because it's the third time in 2 months that my bike have problem.
Can i request a new bike?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 09:46:03 PM »
The bike is new and it's still on warranty so i don't want to do anything that after they gonna say me that the warranty is off.
Can i do anything for pressure the official service because it's the third time in 2 months that my bike have problem.
Can i request a new bike?
I agree that you should not touch this new scooter!
Is there a phone number for Kymco/Greece which you could call? Emails can be too easily delayed, or ignored.
Or a phone number for Euro-Regional to use....if there is such a thing.
Here, I phoned USA/KYMCO until I  was able to speak to the "customer representative".....he fixed my warranty issue which was being ignored by my local dealer. I received a new throttle body under warranty.
I would ask your dealer for the name of the Kymco 'customer representative' for your region. I think you must now go above your local dealer.
Good luck and Merry Christmas,  Stig
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 09:47:54 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 10:19:03 PM »
That machine is EFI and should start very quickly. Two revolutions like all the rest. Yours is WAY out compared to all other models. Something is wrong and needs to be fixed. Chase down what Stig said. There has to be a way to pressure the dealer to do his job. Right now he is brushing you off. Keep us posted!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

i.kaptan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 05:28:00 AM »
Monday i got the bike to service yesterday they phoned me and said that the bike haven't got any problem and that when they press the starter button the bike starts.they also said if for any reason i start the bike and after 1 minute i turn it off after that i have to give throttle in order to start the bike again.
I am sure that after 2 or 3 days maximum the bike won't start again and this is the 3rd time that i went in service. The official site never respond to the mail i have send and i have bought the last 10 years 6 new bikes from kymco.( they respect their customers)

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2019, 07:47:48 PM »

I am sure that after 2 or 3 days maximum the bike won't start again and this is the 3rd time that i went in service. The official site never respond to the mail i have send and i have bought the last 10 years 6 new bikes from kymco.( they respect their customers)

Sounds like the guarantee on this scooter is not worth a dime.
If this was not an EFI model I would say let them stuff the guarantee, and try to fix the problem yourself . Unfortunately this is an EFI model - which makes things more difficult.

Have I ever mentioned that i will never buy an EFI model ?
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 09:53:50 PM »
Splitting hairs: warranty great! Dealers bite!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

i.kaptan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 03:56:37 PM »
Here is another video with all the problems with my new bike.
Up until now they haven't fix my bike and the last time i went to the official service they said to that the bike haven't got any problem with starting, and also told me that every new euro 4 kymco bikes you have to give throttle in order to start the engine.I have recorded conversations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rgBroNp194&feature=youtu.be

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2019, 04:51:32 PM »
I watched your latest video.
I would email this video to your in-country Kymco representative. Surely they will not be happy to leave this video in the public eye without helping you with a solution?
Make certain your video title tells the scooter model "with problem", etc.
Your scooter has some electrical issues which should be fixed under warranty....or be given a new scooter. Can you easily access the battery to check tighness of terminal wires?....and the black ground wire at frame?
Perhaps the fix is beyond your dealer's expertise?
Stig
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 05:00:40 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

i.kaptan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 11:41:23 PM »
5 months have past and up until now they haven't given me any solution. Also they refused to take the bike and give me another or give me my money back.
i have send 2 mails to kymco global site and they haven't replied to me.
a week ago a guy from italy contact me that he had seen the video and told me he had the same problem and in italy they agreed to take the scooter back and give him the money that he paid. i asked if he had any video to send me with the scooter showing the problem which he did., once more i contact mototrend the official distributor and asked them to take the scooter back and once more thay refuced.
i have upload the video to my channel here is the link to another people s150 with the same problem!!!

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 03:49:36 PM »
I watched your last video. Your bike is fuel injected and should start in two revolutions. Continuous cranking will not do anything but heat the starter and deplete the battery. I agree with Stig, you have a voltage problem indicated by the slow blinkers. This could be a simple, quick fix like a bad battery or long, drawn out difficult tech issue. But your dealer is either/or incapable of doing it. I will PERSONALLY throw all my weight into getting Kymco to fix this if you want me to. PM me your given name, location, dealer name and location and I will do my best to either get this fixed or start WWIII in the attempt!
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 04:31:20 PM »
I watched your last video. Your bike is fuel injected and should start in two revolutions. Continuous cranking will not do anything but heat the starter and deplete the battery. I agree with Stig, you have a voltage problem indicated by the slow blinkers. This could be a simple, quick fix like a bad battery or long, drawn out difficult tech issue. But your dealer is either/or incapable of doing it. I will PERSONALLY throw all my weight into getting Kymco to fix this if you want me to. PM me your given name, location, dealer name and location and I will do my best to either get this fixed or start WWIII in the attempt!
Karl, we can't afford to war again in Europe.....things are tight here and I'm counting on my regular SS checks. I think he's in Greece.
Talk ro the battalion chaplain, see what he can do.
Stig
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 12:31:52 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 05:19:38 PM »
You sure about Europe, Stig? Sounds like they are already at it! I promise to start out nice....
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:15 PM »
What makes you think he is in Greece, Stig? Translation syntax?
Karl

Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()