Author Topic: Stalling Issue  (Read 1456 times)

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
Stalling Issue
« on: November 09, 2014, 06:16:42 PM »
Hi all.
I've got a 2013 Movie 150 and shortly after I bought it this past May it started to stall when you would slow down for a stoplight or sign where you had to hold the RPMs at 3000 so it would not stall. Took it in to the shop that I bought it at for that issue and the 300KM service they said they fixed the problem and all as well till mid September then it stared to act up again.
 It spent a week at the shop as they test drove it to diagnose the problem. They found that the fuel line was clogged after the filter and replaced the lines. But now its happening again but this time when I try to get it started after a stall Appling the throttle just stalls the engine.
Any help would be gratefully welcomed.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Stalling Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 07:19:22 PM »
Any help would be gratefully welcomed.
If you lack the aptitude to reference a service manual and make some basic troubleshooting efforts to determine if the issue is fuel, spark, or compression related . . any suggestions would seem like an exercise in futility.  Unclear if your engine is carb or injected version.

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »
Clean the carb.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2014, 08:08:23 PM »
I had a warranty movie at our shop forever, stalling at lights. Ended up being a warranty spark plug cap. But it also sounds like it needs a carb clean. Take it back to your shop and tell them it needs the carb cleaned. And ask them to check the resistance of the spark plug cap, might be a batch problem.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

Tiny

• Ontario, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »
The guys at the shop check all the electrics and found there wasn't a problem there(first time it was the spark plug boot). I'll plan on calling them when they open on Tuesday to see about a carb cleaning.
 And to Tortoise I can reference a service manual just fine as I have fixed six different 50cc in the last two years with various issues from no start ,lack of/no acceleration and a few electrical problems so I am very mechanically adept. Just when my New scooter has bin in the shop with the same issue(twice) I was looking into other possibilities for concern. 

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »
It could be bad gas lines to.if you replace the main one comeing from the gas tank its best to replace all.air lines to.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 12:44:56 AM »
The guys at the shop check all the electrics and found there wasn't a problem there(first time it was the spark plug boot). I'll plan on calling them when they open on Tuesday to see about a carb cleaning.
 And to Tortoise I can reference a service manual just fine as I have fixed six different 50cc in the last two years with various issues from no start ,lack of/no acceleration and a few electrical problems so I am very mechanically adept. Just when my New scooter has bin in the shop with the same issue(twice) I was looking into other possibilities for concern. 

This has to be frustrating for you with a fairly new scooter.
B&L mentioned the plug boot, but you've already addressed that.....
Best bet -though goodness knows it could be time consuming & or frustrating -is to use your 2 yr warranty and keep working with your dealer. Nothing real obvious seems to be jumping out at us....just multiple possible fixes.
Good luck and please let us know how it gets resolved.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()