Author Topic: Performance parts - transmission  (Read 4407 times)

ues61

• View Profile
Performance parts - transmission
« on: June 24, 2015, 01:35:06 AM »
Clutch is starting to slip...

Figure while have it open, might as well switch to performance parts, budget permitting.  Does anyone have any recommendations on which parts (Malosi, Dr Pulley, others) works best for the 200i?  Kevlar belts, variators, clutch/bell, etc.

Please post the part numbers you had put on, and your first hand experience - faster acceleration, higher top speed, etc.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Performance parts - transmission
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 01:55:19 AM »
Clutch is starting to slip...
K
Figure while have it open, might as well switch to performance parts, budget permitting.  Does anyone have any recommendations on which parts (Malosi, Dr Pulley, others) works best for the 200i?  Kevlar belts, variators, clutch/bell, etc.

Please post the part numbers you had put on, and your first hand experience - faster acceleration, higher top speed, etc.
How many miles on your LIKE200i?
Everything I've read says to use the OEM KYMCO belt. Nothing is better quality.
Add an iridium NGK, and some Dr Pulley sliders (13,14,15 gm? depending on what you're after)
Cannot speak to other mods.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »
If I had to switch, I probably would switch totally to the dr. pulley products (variator, sliderolls 12,5 to 13g, slide pieces, HIT clutch).
For the belt I would only accept  brand BANDO or MITSUBOSHI. Both are solid Japan Technology.  OEM Kymco Belt is a BANDO.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
Inspect your clutch first. If it has material left.. sand paper clutch asembly and bell.. then clean if with brake cleaner and its 80% chances its solved.
How many milea uve got on your kymco right now?

I only changed the rollers and did some sliders.. mine is a 125 and a user recomended a 13gr... oem are 13.4gr. The results are outstanding!!
Never tried a performance variator.. but i did reserch. If you will use sliders dr pulley is the way.. rollers malossi or jcosta if you want to experinent with something different from the rest.
I find the dr pulley road easier. You can start with sliders.. if you are pleased and still want some more you get the variator from them.

ues61

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »
@beermak

Haven't taken it apart yet.  But, will do as suggested.  Bike has ~ 6k miles.  Looking for parts that would up the acceleration and top speed, perhaps the two are contradictory.

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 03:39:48 PM »
Anyone know the weight of the OEM rollers that come on our Like's?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2015, 03:45:39 PM »
https://www.buggypartsnw.com/index.php/buggy-parts/150cc-buggy-parts/150cc-transmission/dr-pulley-variator-181401-gy6-125-150.html
Get this and some 11g Dr Pulley sliders and you will feel a pretty decent improvement. Stock rollers are 13g. If you only have 6k your clutch is fine, they last over 50k. Like said above, check for oil on the bell and scuff the pads. I would stay away from the HIT clutch, it is not as smooth as stock off the line and REALLY hard to tune it in right, and until you do it feels worse than stock. OEM belts are the way to go, others have tolerances that are crazy, they will come 10mm longer and 2mm skinnier than the OEM belts.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 03:52:43 PM »
Stock rollers are 13.5g for the Like 200i! Checked and verified!
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2015, 07:19:58 PM »
Stock rollers are 13.5g for the Like 200i! Checked and verified!

Thanks for checking on that. I think Stig posted the specs on one of his early mods post, but I couldn't locate the info. Again, thanks you!

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 08:29:08 PM »
When I think of performance the Like 200 does not enter the picture, to me the like is like a chev impala or Malibu. Not a Camaro or a stang.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2015, 12:44:45 PM »
Thanks for checking on that. I think Stig posted the specs on one of his early mods post, but I couldn't locate the info. Again, thanks you!
I got that from here:
http://beedspeed.com/html-pages/variator-roller-weights-chart.htm
(think I'll post this as a new thread
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

ues61

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 04:12:27 AM »
Any idea where the pry-points are for the transmission cover?

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2015, 04:21:44 AM »
Very easy to spot. U'll have 2 in both ends of the cover. Be carefull not to scratch.. use a screwdriver with a cloth or something that will protect the cover

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2015, 08:58:46 AM »
I just wack them with a rubber mallet while pulling on the kicker.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2015, 09:53:59 AM »
I just wack them with a rubber mallet while pulling on the kicker.
No kick lever on a LIKE200i.
I think my old CVT  belt.replacement post has pix of the pry points. I was concerned about breaking a chunk out of the cover since this was the first time factory installedcover was coming off....VERY  tight. Used drywall spatula in the seams to eventually free it.....had a new gasket for reinstalling. Cover was very tight from factory!!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()