Author Topic: electricity problems in kymco Agility 125  (Read 19344 times)

kymcoco

• View Profile
Re: electricity problems in kymco Agility 125
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2015, 04:27:21 PM »
After I've checked again all the wires in the scooter (with battery disconnected), given up and was going to put there a wire instead of the fuse to burn the part which is grounded (yes, as I said - I've given up ...), I did a last test no. 104829 (ok, kidding, but I really tested everything already at least 100 times ..) in the opposite direction with the fuses on their places.
Result:  Resistance between ground and the battery positive terminal is not infinite :S

BATTERY IS NOT GOOD !?! Its voltage is OK, but there's not infinite resistance between its terminals - multimeter is showing volatile values, both negative and positive.  I hope I have it! Need to go to the "thieving" moto service and ask them for exchange of it.

kymcoco

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
R.I.P. Kymco.
It was the regulator. I still don't understand the behavior - when being checked calm nothing was suspicious, it kept an innocent mask. Disconnected from baterry the resistence of it as well as of wires coming in was infinite. That's probably bcs of semiconductors inside why it could open a short-circuit when the key was on and 1) I was either pressing the start button or 2) trying to start by connecting directly the flow to the starter motor (the fuse blown in both cases) .
When I put a wire instead of the fuse and try to start:  The red wire between the battery and the regulator was "boiled", among other victims seem to be the start button (checked by multimeter after the "boiling" test) and maybe also the isolation of some wires neighbouring the red one.
FED UP, I sold Kymco for a few "bucks" (euros here in France), there's no doubt it was accursed with a daemon inside, I hope I'll forget is ASAP.

Epitaph:  Here in France it was not easy to find the right parts for this model. Not sure whether it's Kymco in general or only this model, but IMO it's better to pay more and buy a moto for which it's not such a loooong-time-consuming-process to find and order a piece, not to be full of doubts whether it will really fit that, and also to have a moto with a good documentation.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2016, 03:12:50 PM »
I have been curious if you were going to make a "final" post to let us know what happened. I will be rather blunt in suggesting you spend some time studying BASIC ELECTRICITY as it will help you to properly trouble shoot simple problems that can crop up on about anything including scooters. Substituting a wire for a fuse is one of the forbidden (DON'T DO IT) things in electrical. I doubt it was the regulator, you just concluded it was because the "red wire boiled" indicating HUGE current. Maybe it was the regulator but I doubt it. What I do know is you never said you inspected the wiring harness like I suggested more than once. Now we will never know. The big tragedy is both you and the rest of us on this forum will have learned nothing. We will not be able to apply that learning if a similar problem arises.

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()