Author Topic: Clutch problem or something else?  (Read 18769 times)

dBuster2009

• View Profile
Re: Clutch problem or something else?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 05:46:12 PM »
I buy 18x14 rollers or sliders, and keep them in my garage.  I think 14gram are the OEM ones.  I'm running 3 10.8 & 3 12.2 sliders in mine.   I use a round file and a gram scale to make my own weight.  I'm running the NCY trans kit.

I use the Malossi belt from Italy, I bought 3 of them last year.  I have 2 scooters, so now I have one as a backup.

Hit youtube on how to change your belt, it's super easy.  You just need to get or make a variator tool.  
Here is one you can make, just some flat bar from the hardware store, and 3 nuts and bolts.  I made one just like it.  Use it to take off your drive face and variator, as well as your clutch when trying to change your belt.

WOW!!  A little more than what I need I think.  There are a few belts on ebay and in particular one out of new yourk area I think that is $20.00  http://www.ebay.com/itm/260893706638?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_750

Seen some of those videos and I will be following one when I do the work...  Hooray for youtube!
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 07:55:43 PM »
Just gonna chime in on the Malossi belts, if anyone cares.
They're crap.
 ;D
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 02:56:22 AM »
The OEM belt you found is going to be the best one for your scoot. Most others are a matter of trial, and error as far as fit.
For the Malossi... They are the BEST belts made as far as NO SLIP, and NO STRETCH. The issue with them is their Short ass life. They do not wear... They Explode! Malossi belts are not made to last. They are made for the track, and most engines will not out live the belt anyway. IMHO!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

frd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 07:25:03 PM »
You will se more dust/debris when new. It's all "breakin" matter.
you right I had same issue with my new scooter opened the cvt cover and added some thinner from clutch holes n started engine and did some blast n brakes on it and watched how the clutch gets involved ... and while it was good enough stopped n put the cover back so far its okei . :P

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »
Okay what is the trick?  I have the cover off, the belt took forever to get here, and I broke one of the fins off of the variator ( I believe that is what it is) and with my searching youtube for cvt belt replacement it isn't all it is cracked up to be.  I have tried the one trick where you don't take anything off but the cover and I can't get the old belt off so now I need to either remove the variator or the clutch.

Which and how do I do that???????????????????????????????????????????
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2012, 11:02:04 PM »
Either one is fine but you should take the Var. off to check the condition inside. If something is worn it could kill your new belt.

This kid just jams a wrench up in the works. Try anything like that.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2012, 11:07:37 PM »
I saw that video as well..  Thanks for the link.

I am borrowing an electric impact wrench and will give that a go and see if it loosens the bugger.

Any idea on the broken fin?  Will it cause some imbalance?  If so where can one locate a good replacement one???

I am also looking to make one of those variator holding tools that someone recommended earlier...  I might have to go by the flat stock though...
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
What fan do you have? Aluminum?  http://www.partsforscooters.com/    http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/   If its a plastic one don't worry about it. Break off the other side. The nut is always Super tight the first time because it is really a one time use Cinch nut. Use blue lok tite.

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
What fan do you have? Aluminum?  http://www.partsforscooters.com/    http://www.stadiumyamaha.com/   If its a plastic one don't worry about it. Break off the other side. The nut is always Super tight the first time because it is really a one time use Cinch nut. Use blue lok tite.

It is the aluminum one... gulp...  so what part number do I search for at those websites?  that first one partsforscooters.com does not show the agility 125...

Since I have the aluminum one, if in theory I break of the one on the other side would that work for a temporary fix?
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
It would be better than Not breaking it. Stadium Yamaha is a better place to get it anyway. Mention the Forum for 15% off. It's OEM vs copy.

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 01:54:59 AM »
It would be better than Not breaking it. Stadium Yamaha is a better place to get it anyway. Mention the Forum for 15% off. It's OEM vs copy.

Stadium yamaha wanted with shipping $48.00 for the part and I was able to use the part number I obtained there and searched and found kymcopartsonline.com and I got the same part for only $35.00.  

I did notice that for some parts Stadium Yamaha was cheaper as well as the other way with the kymco parts online website.  I supposedly will also receive the part in 2 to 5 business days...

I will have to put it together and run it for a week with that one piece missing and then try to replace the part next weekend.

If it is any consolation the part I broke was " FACE DRIVE **(0) C.2005.03.25 - 22102-KUDU-220"

Also out of curiosity, how dry or wet should it be inside there?  Mine has like a greasy oily black film...  my hands were black from trying to get the belt off the first few tries before giving up for today.  Can I safely use something like brake klean to clean it out?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:36:58 AM by dBuster2009 »
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 03:12:39 AM »
Brake clean is a good idea. Check your gear oil level. That may be leaking. The seal is easy to change.

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 05:26:15 PM »
Okay new belt is on the scooter but it still has what i call the lurch or jump when taking off. so much for the dealership knowing what is wrong...

i did notice when i had it open that the rollers looked like they almost had flat spots. is that normal? or are they bad?
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 09:20:07 PM »
The rollers should be round. They will reduce top speed, and give you other strange symptoms... Launching feeling.  Buy a Quality set. Cheap rollers don't last.

dBuster2009

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 09:41:01 PM »
The rollers should be round. They will reduce top speed, and give you other strange symptoms... Launching feeling.  Buy a Quality set. Cheap rollers don't last.

what would be a good set? drpulley?

sliders or rollers? what weight? what is the stock weight?
Kymco Agility 125
Yamaha XS850G

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()