Author Topic: Weight rollers  (Read 12418 times)

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
Re: Weight rollers
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 01:37:32 AM »
Finally had a break in the weather today.  Was able to put the new rollers in and test.  All went well.  There is a nice smoothness now and the power comes on just a bit quicker  making for a nice smooth take off on level ground.  I would say this mod is definitely worth it.  My top end till seems to be 53-58 MPH as well.  Hills are unchanged...the scoot just seems to be really "dialed in" now.  Ronin was right on all counts.  Thank you again Ronin...this saved me a ton of time trying to find the right combo etc...I can't imagine trying anything else.  This is the way to go.  Thanks again!!

Final size/mod:  18x14mm 11g-replaced every other stock roller with 11g.

It took so little time, I was also able also to re-do my auxiliary driving light.  The one I put on was kinda big...I got something a bit smaller but just as bright (50watt).  The electrical system on the Agility is very robust as well.  There is very little dimming at idle with all the lights on.  The stock headlight is a bit weak in the design.  High beam is ok but the low beam is too scattered.  I put in a different bulb,  but there was no difference.  The driving light adds just the right amount of fill and when used with the high beam on real dark streets, makes a perfect match.

The Agility is one great little scoot.

Hope you guys are all doing great...have a great weekend.

Kris
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 02:11:57 AM by kriden »

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 03:14:46 PM »
Baby is 125 cc, right?

53-58 seems kind of "low-ish" to me... Agility I have does 67-68 mph on a straight road. Did the new roller mod perhaps lower the top speed?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »
Yes, the 125cc. 

NicBike

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:18 AM »
@Kriden:
The new weight rollers don't affect the fuel consumption???

kriden

• 2012 Like 200i
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 06:45:54 PM »
Hello, from what I have read and so far experienced, the answer is no.  When the carb is modified (bigger jet) that is when the fuel consumption starts to be effected.  With the rollers, you can still go easy on the throttle and not have to avoid WOT (Wide Open Throttle) starts since the lighter rollers would make the belt move out faster etc. 

I have done exhaust and carb mods on other scooters and the fuel consumption was drastically effected.  From 80-90 MPH down to 65-75 MPH.  With a one gallon (liter) tank, I didn’t want to have to do those types of mods to keep my range up.

But again, with this great mod that Ronin has suggested...all you are getting is smoother, a bit quicker, take-off.  The only possible "sacrifice" would be a top end decrease, but I have not experienced any yet.  I can keep up with traffic and feel very confident riding around town holding 40-55 mph with ease.  On a downhill, I have hit 67 MPH and others on the site say that have hit as high as 72MPH.

A great scooter and when you factor in the price...it is the best ride out there in this price range (for the money).

NicBike

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »
Thanks for your explanation. I use the scooter for deliveries, a smoother, quicker  take-off is welcome... :)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 09:00:29 PM »
Today I have seen what seems to be top speed of my A125.
Indicated 117 km/h or 73 mph.
5 ft 11, 225 lbs, leaned completely forward and down...  ;D ;)

OEM rollers and belt, 11.500 km on tacho.
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 10:34:50 PM »
A125 has 12.150 km, so I took Sunday afternoon to do scheduled maintenance.

1. Changed oil, Selenia semi-synthetic.
2. Changed belt with Kymco OEM belt. The manual says to replace it when diameter is <19 mm, it was 18.6 so even though it had probably good 5-6000 kms in it, I decided to change it considering that everything was disassembled.
3. Changed weight rollers. They should be replaced when outside diameter is <17.4. It was more, but all rollers had a bit of flat spot so I decided to change them. I had 6x 18x14 14g rollers and 6x 18x14 11g, so I mixed them, 3x14g and 3x11g.
4. Tightened all nuts, bolts and screws
5. Cleaned and inspected variator, flywheel fan, clutch, blew out accumulated dust and shavings, everything is in great condition
6. I discovered that air filter can be washed in gasoline and it cleans everything just great! So, you can save on this one too. At first I thought the gasoline would destroy carboard-paper-whatever filter but it did not, just melted away accumulated black dust.
7. Washed thoroughly both A125 and 250S with mini-wash and hot water under pressure

End result?

Got rid of flat spot at around 60-65 km/h that is now at 40-45 km/h and lasts much less than before.
Top speed, believe it or not, indicated 120 km/h, or a few km/h more than before. Quite scary on 12" tires without wind protection. :) :) :)

There is a 17% hill on the way to my home that my gf could usually ride at around 65 km/h uphill. Now it goes 75 km/h and still accelerates.

It is a real beast now! :) :) :) :) :)

p.s. I did not test how it goes with all 6 18x14 11g roller weights because I did not have the will to disassemble everything once again. Also, putting the belt back on was a bit tricky.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:40:06 PM by axy »
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

topaz6turbo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »
Here in Oz the factory weights are 13g, official word from the Kymco Importer. I tried 10g Dr Pulleys due to the wrong ones being sent to me, and it screamed like a 2 stroke, but slipped from 70-80kmh. Also lost some top end. I have now ordered some 12g Dr Pulleys and reckon they will be a good comprimise. I have refitted the 13g factory units while awaiting the 12s to arrive and it feels really slow around town. With the 10s I would race anything off the lights and was a ball to trhow around  the corners around town, and I must admit I miss that already. Maybe on a really flat terrain the 10s would just get by, but with me on hills on the 20km trip each way, the slipping wasnt worth the hassle. My scoot has 3000km on the clock, and the belt is perfect so that wasnt the cause.
Holty

grazo22

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 07:03:30 PM »
I used to have 13g dr pulley 18x14 in my bike and it went like a dream and was soo much smoother than on standard weights, always appeared to be in the power band so overtaking got far easier. Shame they melted when my clutch exploded, I'd only had them a couple of weeks :(
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:15:29 PM »
that sounds catastrophic! What Happened?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2010, 12:24:25 PM »
So 11g is way to go.....

To replace all stock rollers.....?

Max speed for may agility is 62-65....now, need improvement for max speed around 70mph....

accel doesent really matter...

FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
I used to have 13g dr pulley 18x14 in my bike and it went like a dream and was soo much smoother than on standard weights, always appeared to be in the power band so overtaking got far easier. Shame they melted when my clutch exploded, I'd only had them a couple of weeks :(
.....dang....

:-\
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

grazo22

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
extreme dang, I nearly cried. I replaced my clutch for a new racing one as the old one was juddery and couldn't handle long motorway journeys (way very slippy afterwards) When I put the new clutch on and new torque spring on I forgot to put loctite on the flat nut, or torque it correctly (how stupid of me) I was excited to try it out. I then took it for a 40 miles ride, the flat nut came off so the clutch exploded to the outside of the clutch bell meaning it was permanently engaged so when I was sitting in traffic and had the brake on it was slipping in the bell. Extra force on the variator which heated up unbelievably, ruined the splines on the crank shaft, melted all the rollers so the plate was stuck out, belt caught on fire and was in a hundred pieces and then the nut came off the variator because it was so hot and all the metal bits in the rollers came out and destoryed what was left before a few came out the back of the variator cover :D really pleased. Got a second hand engine now but it runs poop, nothing like my old one. All I can say is loctite coat it on.
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
My gf told me yesterday that her A125 after 2000 kms from my previous post with mixed roller weights goes 110 km/h+ uphill. (69 mph)
On a straight road it goes 120 km/h sitting upright. (75 mph)

I drove it personally max. 117 km/h or 73 mph, but that was with before stock belt and rollers and downhill.

Of course, all indicated by tacho, but I still think these numbers are quite impressive for 125cc 9 hp machine. >:)
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()