Author Topic: slider weights for agility 125  (Read 18862 times)

bthmtech

• View Profile
slider weights for agility 125
« on: May 15, 2011, 03:20:10 PM »
I have a 2009 agility 125,So far only mod is KEVLAR BELT. Bought 11g &13g sliders,thought I was buying dr. pulley but was sent OMOTO brand.I weigh 200lbs what should I start with,my main issue is mid band power lag not concerned with top end speed.Bike has 5k on it and runs great but lags after takeoff.Any help would be greatly appreciated ,thanks bthmtech.

bthmtech

• View Profile
Re: slider weights for agility 125
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:34:38 PM »
 ;D Well I put in the 13g sliders,& I have two words to say ' HELL YES '.What a huge improvement!Do not know if I lost any top end yet was only able to get to 55 mph but the whole powerband has changed no mid band lag at all . not even going to try 11g .Does this mean it is time to start the ugly but great sport of modifying your scooter? Yours truly ,bthmtech

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »
I agree, sliders are good, standard weight for agility is 13g. my top end hasn't changed, but it does pick up mid range better

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 09:26:28 PM »
Did you lose any gas mileage  when you went to sliders I get about 80mpg now

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 02:42:38 PM »
I agree, sliders are good, standard weight for agility is 13g. my top end hasn't changed, but it does pick up mid range better

Nope, 14g!
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 02:44:20 PM »
Did you lose any gas mileage  when you went to sliders I get about 80mpg now

I didn't go for sliders, but I dropped down from 14g to 12,4 or 13g (not sure) and
the fuel consumption on average went up by about 15%.

It gets a lot worse if you ride near the top speed, high revs = more fuel.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

SOLD: 2003 Peugeot Speedfight2 LC, 2007 Kawasaki ER-6F ABS, 2006 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS,

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 04:02:28 PM »
I have the agility City r16, but the original rollers were 18x14 13g weighed on very accurate digital scales, i know they're the same diameter and length as the agility, so assumed both being 125cc they would weigh the same. The sliders certainly smooth the take off and pick up, as for mileage, i'll let you know. One other thing regarding mileage, i used to ride with the headlight on permenantly ( to be noticed!) but i find it gets better mileage using just the sidelights. Safety or Economy?

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 05:29:04 PM »
Well,I have ridden the bike a couple of times now and it seems to be ok but clutch is grabbing at take off enough to pull front wheel off the ground ,is stock clutch strong enough to hold out?my bike has 6mths left under warrenty ,when that runs out i will be purchasing an upgraded clutch and variator set.Are the dr pully parts worth the extra money? Plus iam looking for braided front brake hose for my bike any suggs  ,thanks bthmtech     P.S. I LIVE IN N.C. U.S.A.

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 05:34:51 PM »
Well,I have ridden the bike a couple of times now and it seems to be ok but clutch is grabbing at take off enough to pull front wheel off the ground ,is stock clutch strong enough to hold out?my bike has 6mths left under warrenty ,when that runs out i will be purchasing an upgraded clutch and variator set.Are the dr pully parts worth the extra money? Plus iam looking for braided front brake hose for my bike any suggs  ,thanks bthmtech     P.S. I LIVE IN N.C. U.S.A.

The clutch issue has been mentioned in a few threads already.
It's easy to fix.
Hold both brakes in, open the throttle all the way, and slowly let go of the brakes until the
scooters starts rolling (slowly!).

Let the clutch slip.
Repeat 2-3 times.

Clutch fixed, back to smooth takeoffs.
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 05:43:54 PM »
Mr cortez, you mentioned something about 14g sliders would these work better than the 13gs,i weigh 200lbs

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Mr cortez, you mentioned something about 14g sliders would these work better than the 13gs,i weigh 200lbs

I was talking about the stock OEM roller weights (not sliders) which were 14g on mine, and my manual
says they should be 14g from factory.

You can't say for any weights that they're "better" then the other ones.
Lighter weights = more revs = better acceleration and same or lower top speed, and worse MPG figures.
Heavier weights = less revs = worse acceleration but good top speed and better for high speed cruising.

14g weights on mine made the scooter very slow between 40 and 60km/h which is where most action
around town happens, and I wanted to make it react faster.. and it does now (but I don't know if
my weights are now 12,4g or 13g), but I'm not happy with the fuel consumption and the top speed
has dropped below 65mph indicated.

Dr Pulley sliders SHOULD work better then the stock (round) weights even if you get the exact same
weight because of the sliders design.

I haven't tried them, but Axy seems happy with his 13g pulleys on his Agility (browse the Agility
subforum a bit).
'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 09:22:28 PM »
This is great.

1. For the first 300 kms, the sliders worked great.

2. In the next 100 kms, there was suddenly pronounced slipping, indicating that there is something wrong inside. The vario was disassembled today evening and sliders were replaced with new regular 13g roller weights. Two sliders were slightly more worn, and after 100 kms there should not be visible wear.

3. While everything was apart, belt was changed with a new one from scooterpartsmania, because current belt is about to end its life.

4. Everything was put back together, scoot was test driven and then variator cover was put back in place.

5. After 10 kms, the scoot's engine revs, but does not transfer power to rear wheel. What else am I to conclude but that the NEW belt snapped!!! The scoot was towed using a trailor this evening around 10 pm back to the garage. I hope nothing is bent or broken inside. Tomorrow in the evening, old belt will go back in place.

CONCLUSIONS: 1. Dr. Pulleys are bs, they sound great on paper, but most people report grave issues with them, I am obviously next in line. There are similar stories on X500 subforum. Use regular rollers.
2. Tomorrow I will confirm did BRAND NEW belt snap for no reason whatsoever.
3. I have no idea why crap like this always happens to me.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:24:21 PM by axy »
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

old mod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 09:51:32 PM »
That's bad news Axy :( Please let us know what the damage is

bthmtech

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:37 PM »
Well I hate that happened to you, my scoot is my only transpo,Is your bike stock?

Cortez

• View Profile
    • My flickr account
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 12:13:15 PM »
This is great.

1. For the first 300 kms, the sliders worked great.

2. In the next 100 kms, there was suddenly pronounced slipping, indicating that there is something wrong inside. The vario was disassembled today evening and sliders were replaced with new regular 13g roller weights. Two sliders were slightly more worn, and after 100 kms there should not be visible wear.

3. While everything was apart, belt was changed with a new one from scooterpartsmania, because current belt is about to end its life.

4. Everything was put back together, scoot was test driven and then variator cover was put back in place.

5. After 10 kms, the scoot's engine revs, but does not transfer power to rear wheel. What else am I to conclude but that the NEW belt snapped!!! The scoot was towed using a trailor this evening around 10 pm back to the garage. I hope nothing is bent or broken inside. Tomorrow in the evening, old belt will go back in place.

CONCLUSIONS: 1. Dr. Pulleys are bs, they sound great on paper, but most people report grave issues with them, I am obviously next in line. There are similar stories on X500 subforum. Use regular rollers.
2. Tomorrow I will confirm did BRAND NEW belt snap for no reason whatsoever.
3. I have no idea why crap like this always happens to me.

You're a magnet for crap like this just like me.
That's why I always ask/check about everything on multiple forums and research buying a pocket
knife for months. It's amazing how short they lasted.. I can't think of anything that would cause
them to wear out that fast.

'08 FZ6n S2 ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()