Author Topic: Tire Pressure: How Low Is Too Low?  (Read 12039 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Re: Tire Pressure: How Low Is Too Low?
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 03:49:28 AM »
Had no problems whatsoever with A125 OEM tires, except for the fact that they are flat and do not have somewhat roundish profile, making leaning over feel quite awkward.

This is exactly what I don't like about the OEM tires on the A50. They even look awkward to me. :D

It's a shame, too, because they will probably last a very long time before needing replaced.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 03:55:34 AM »
'' these are made in Taiwan, just like my scooter   (ok my scooter is made in China but whatever lol)''

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4576.pdf

you can reference your VIN against this chart to see where your agility 125 is made. Mine is from taiwan, yours probably is as well. Hope you find a nice set of wrenches that will last a long time. The link above was provided by Rianna (thank you Rianna). I'm sure the chinese can make a great scoot but I know for sure the taiwanese do. thanks for an interesting thread Mr.Kymco. I agree with Axy, I am satisfied with the oem tires on the agility. I keep mine a little overinflated but I have a tendency to ride slower than most and don't take too many chances. I am still a novice. Someday I will get some better tires but they ain't broke so I won't fix 'em.

Cool, another one from Taiwan! My was made in Taiwan, too. I've forgotten what number it was. I do wonder how many were made in Taiwan for each year. (You're welcome, sparko.) Maybe I'll do a search and see what I can find out one of these days...

Oh, and my tools were made in Taiwan, too. :D

Let's hope the tools are as good as the scoots!

MrKymco

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »
'' these are made in Taiwan, just like my scooter   (ok my scooter is made in China but whatever lol)''

ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4576.pdf

you can reference your VIN against this chart to see where your agility 125 is made. Mine is from taiwan, yours probably is as well. Hope you find a nice set of wrenches that will last a long time. The link above was provided by Rianna (thank you Rianna). I'm sure the chinese can make a great scoot but I know for sure the taiwanese do. thanks for an interesting thread Mr.Kymco. I agree with Axy, I am satisfied with the oem tires on the agility. I keep mine a little overinflated but I have a tendency to ride slower than most and don't take too many chances. I am still a novice. Someday I will get some better tires but they ain't broke so I won't fix 'em.
thanks for that link. mine is in fact a Kymco made in China

i have no problem with that, however. i read some forum posts that deride chinese built Kymco's, but the Kymco plant in Changzhou is a modern plant, and they don't cut corners. they are also building for Kawasaki there, and have a separate factory in the city which builds engines and other components. the plant says "Kymco" on it and all over the inside. idk if they actually built the plant there, or if it was an existing one. but whatever the case may be, its now pretty much 100% Kymco

i see no problems with quality with my Agility. none whatsoever for the budget scooter it is. i sat on many a chinese scooter (Znen) when shopping for my scoot. many, many. and i test rode a few. they felt cheap. like the cheap interior of a cheaply made car. rattles, squeaks, and creaks. i get none of that from my Agility. its as solid as can be :)

oh, and i set my tire pressure to normal spec. wow, what a relief!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:53:23 PM by MrKymco »
scoots!

Portland Steve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 09:14:53 PM »
Mr. Kymco

You cracked me up with the wrench discussion.
I hope you got the Metric set.  The color coded sockets look interesting. 
Keep your tires as close to specified as possible.  I have the stock tires (CST) on my Super 8 and have not had a problem with them even in the wet.
Keep them clean and inspect for bits of junk that could cause a puncture.
I use a bicycle pump to add air to the tires since they require so little air.
When I had a Vespa, I have had a flat from a slow leak and it was a pain to fix.  I had to twist the mechanics arm to get him to plug it for me.  The plug held well, but I only trust it for a temporary fix.
I find my Kymco to be a solid machine in build quality, performance and aesthetics.  I have owned Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha machines and the Kymco is not far behind in quality and is certainly worth the price.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()