Author Topic: 2015 450i only fires once.  (Read 359 times)

Lmoore87

• View Profile
2015 450i only fires once.
« on: May 09, 2023, 03:00:44 PM »
2015 450i spark plug only fires one time. When I bought it it was in pieces and needed a new piston and rings. Rebuilt the motor and started putting back together and the more I worked on it the more stuff I realized was missing. The PO had cut the coil wires and took the coil so I put a ignition coil off of a Honda rancher on it. I know the red/yellow wires is switched 12v and the black yellow I assume is signal but when I hook the coil wires up if I ground the body of the coil it arcs out on the frame. The only way I can get it to fire is bull not grounding the frame of the coil and it will only fire one time when you first hit the start button. If you let off the start button it will fire when you first hit the button but only once and it will do this as many times as you hit the button. I’ve tried several different coils but they are all Honda coils and all do the same thing. Battery is also brand new and charged. I’m just wondering if the factory coil is something special. I know it mounts to the frame and has two wires just like a Honda but I cannot mount the coil to the frame or it arcs out. It actually made one start melting when I left it connected.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()