Author Topic: UXV 500 Flooding  (Read 468 times)

pastorjeep

• View Profile
UXV 500 Flooding
« on: November 19, 2021, 06:50:37 PM »
I am glad I found this forum! I have an 08' 500 that recently started flooding badly. When I say bad I mean filling the cylinder full of fuel. I have cleaned the carb and set the float. The float does shut off when I am blowing into it. The fuel pump seems to finally shut off when the carb is full. But it still runs out of the overflow tube and floods the plug. I am wondering if it is pushing through the choke passage way? Anyone have experience with this issue?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: UXV 500 Flooding
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 11:22:59 PM »
No experience with your particular machine, but lots of experience with carb flooding.  First guess would be needle valve shut off, blowing may not be accurate enough to be sure. Floats that leak will cause similiar issues.  Gunk in the needle seat valve can cause flooding.  Generally just cleaning a carb doesnt work very well, it can push crude further into small passages.  Gaskets can be squished or dried up. My best results have always been a complete dissasembly and a full rebuild kit, new gaskets and diaphrams and instructions to reset everything!!!  Locate a factory rebuild kit if possible then a thorough soak in carb cleaner, blow out all passages and a new needle seat should help.  Also check any rubber hoses, especially vacuum hoses for cracks or tears.  A leaking hose can cause real issues.  Good luck and keep us posted.

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 06:07:12 PM »
I would replace the float needle and seat and set the fuel level a bit lower

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2021, 01:46:36 AM »
Set the new stuff to factory specs or your just guessing and wont cyre your problem..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()