Author Topic: Big noise or bang from exhaustion pipe when started, 2-3 times then it's fine  (Read 427 times)

kennygoh016

• View Profile
My super 8 150 (2015 model) always has some big bang/noise from the exhaustion pipe when starting up. It happens 2 or 3 times at the beginning then it's totally okay.
Is it the carburetor not working properly or something else? Thanks.

Ruffus

• View Profile
@kennygoh016, welcome here!
Banging and explosions from your mufflers side usually means a too lean gas/ air ratio.

Could be a choked airfilter or your carb too lean regulated. Best way to find out would be an emission test in a workshop.

I would start to check airfilter and airways towards carb. Sometimes KYMCOs suck gearoil into its filter.

There is a transparent hose with a plug down under your motor, called "puke pipe"  this has to be emptied regularely from oil/ water residues.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

kennygoh016

• View Profile
Thanks.
I changed the airfilter but the problem still persists.
Need to work on carb.

@kennygoh016, welcome here!
Banging and explosions from your mufflers side usually means a too lean gas/ air ratio.

Could be a choked airfilter or your carb too lean regulated. Best way to find out would be an emission test in a workshop.

I would start to check airfilter and airways towards carb. Sometimes KYMCOs suck gearoil into its filter.

There is a transparent hose with a plug down under your motor, called "puke pipe"  this has to be emptied regularely from oil/ water residues.

Ruffus

• View Profile
Would check my scoots muffler too for any cloggings or condensate.
Tap valves correctely to be sure about  timing.
New sparkplug and cap together with a coil and cable sometimes work wonders.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()