Author Topic: Kymco súper 8 150x  (Read 437 times)

enmanuels25

• View Profile
Kymco súper 8 150x
« on: July 15, 2022, 03:33:49 PM »
Hola a todos me gustaría saber cual es el código engine de mi kymco porque no sé diferenciarlo,  quiero pedir un variator y me dicen que solo es compartible con la qmj157 si alguien me puede ayudar con esto me sentiría agradecido ya que pienso llevar mi kymco al límite 😂

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco súper 8 150x
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 06:23:26 PM »
translation for our English speaking friends:
Hello everyone I would like to know what is the engine code of my kymco because I do not know how to differentiate it, I want to ask for a variator and they tell me that it is only shareable with the qmj157 if someone can help me with this I would feel grateful since I plan to take my kymco to the limit 😂

my Kymco 163cc motor is not stamped with the traditional GY6 code..but your 150cc motor may be. The short answer is yes, your motor is equivalent to a 157QMJ and the generic Chinese variator for a 150cc motor should work fine. (or you can order one from your Kymco dealer).

I copied some info below:

How It Works! Decyphering GY6 Engine Codes
[78,383 views - 67 comments - Rating 4/5 ****- ]
So you found a code on your buggy or scooter and you're wondering what it means. The code can actually tell you a lot about a specific engine.

You can find your engine code below the CVT cover, beside the oil drain plug.

We'll take a look at the most common engine code: 157QMJ.
The first thing to note is that the actual code always starts with the first number, and continues for a total of 6 digits. Anything extra is a manufacturer-specific information that won't be covered here at this time.

Lets disect the code starting with the first digit:
(Digit #1) Corrasponds to the number of cylinders. All GY6 engines are single cylinder, so this number will always be 1.

(Digit #2 and #3) This is the bore size in metric millimeters, in the case of the 157QMJ, our bore is 57mm. Note that 57.4mm bore engines fall under the "57" designation.

(Digit #4) relates to the style of engine. All GY6 engines are designated "Q".

(Digit #5 and #6) The actual size of the engine. The second letter ascends consecutively for each 10cc. MB = 50cc, MC = 60cc, MD for a 70, MH = 110cc, MI = 125cc, MJ = 150cc

That is pretty much it for the standard codes stamped on most GY6 and other Chinese engines. We will add more information about manufacturer-specific codes as we find it out.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()