Author Topic: KYMCO....WHAT THE.........WHERE  (Read 7994 times)

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO....WHAT THE.........WHERE
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2015, 11:49:02 PM »
And I believe . . . there in lies the problem. americans are willing to pay for something they "believe" isn't real transportation but a leisure toy. Then if it's a toy well you know how that goes. Buy it, use it a season and then go find a new toy. With that mentality potential scooter riders aren't willing to pay for quality when they think they are just buying a toy. I believe it is part of the dealers responsibility to "sell" the scooter. I've been to a half a dozen scooter dealers, looked at the scooters and never been approached to answer questions, talk about the lineup, advantages/disadvantages, etc. I had to be the initiator. Maybe that's how it is with two wheeled sales but if they want to get that old stock off the floor maybe the dealers should be a little more proactive (IMO).

Took a couple different paths there, hope you get the drift.
good point but also most people think scooter cannot go on the highway

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2015, 11:54:51 PM »
I guess most people are use to seeing the 49cc scooters on the road
ALL STOCK

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 02:51:08 PM »
lately i have been seeing many scooters on the road and a lot of females riding them

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
Most ladies will probably jump on a scooter before they ride a motocycle. I think. automatic gearing and light weight seem to be the key.
ALL STOCK

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2015, 04:36:22 PM »
Here in Vegas we get numerous people involved in scooter accidents. The vast majority of scooters here in the desert are the small 49ccs. Every time there is an accident involving a scooter the morons all love to blame the scooterist. I read some of the comments posted on the Las Vegas Review Journal website and those who post literally have no idea what they are talking about. This accident happened this past Friday in East Las Vegas. One poser even said that those who ride these so called death traps should have to a $1,000 year in taxes and have a permit to ride them. Another poser has this to say about the scooterist: Another scumbag felon (12-30 months for concealed wepaon) drunk that can't get a license and holds up traffic with his death trap. Home made trailer, nice touch.
The more people cave in their skulls with these POS, the sooner they get banned. Good news ! What they do not realize is that even those who ride the 49ccs need to have at least a class C drivers license to operate one of these bikes.  As for paying taxes, this is person is even suggesting that everyone should a 1,000 dollars each year to the state for all vehicles they operate.

Nevada has not state income tax. This revenue has to be made up elsewhere. Unlike New York and New Jersey, Nevada has some of the highest registration fees for motor vehicles. I do pay my taxes to ride my bike. I also pay my insurance and the gas tax I pay as well.  Here is the link to the story. http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/las-vegas/scooter-rider-critical-condition-after-east-valley-crash
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()