Author Topic: KYMCO....WHAT THE.........WHERE  (Read 7995 times)

kingkymco125

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO....WHAT THE.........WHERE
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 04:57:40 AM »
Guys:
I believe this is more of status and cultural thing. I was at one of my friends condo for the fight I mean bust of the century last Saturday and everyone who knew kept asking if I was still riding my old scooter. I told them I had a car at this time as well as a 125cc scooter. They did not want to hear the part about the scooter. They were only concerned with whether I had a car or not. Last week I am over at Wal Mart and there some kids outside the store raising money for their local high school football team. From the beginning I am getting on my scooter they call it a moped. I told them it was not a moped, but a scooter. I even told them it could go for 55mph with no problems at the all. The young man did not believe me. He thought I was full of sh**. The bottom line is that here in the States scooters will always be consider low status symbols instead of high status symbols which is sad. I love riding my 125cc kymco Agility bike as much as I can. I even save on gas every time I go out.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 07:32:06 AM »
I have experienced this same thing. When I tell someone I ride a scooter they immediately chuckle like it's some kind of a little bike that only goes 25 mph. When I tell a lady I ride a scooter I might as well have 3 heads or something. Women DO NOT like guys who ride scooters. At least this has been my experience. I just don't understand why they have such a negative connotation to them. It's a motorcycle with an auto transmission and a step through floorboard. THATS IT!! Damn near just as fast, gets better gas mileage and it's just as fun. So there!

Ride safe everyone and be proud to be a scooter rider!! Mscmkr 

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 08:28:39 AM »
Girls seem to like scooter around here( they always want to go for a ride) but i'm guessing this because they think it's safer then a motocycle. The guys on the other hand tell me if I am going to deliver pizza or something(LOL)
ALL STOCK

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2015, 05:13:15 PM »
I think most folks have the idea/experience of scooters all being Honda metros, and having the memories of following one in traffic and cussing up a storm.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 05:32:12 PM »
I have experienced this same thing. When I tell someone I ride a scooter they immediately chuckle like it's some kind of a little bike that only goes 25 mph. When I tell a lady I ride a scooter I might as well have 3 heads or something. Women DO NOT like guys who ride scooters. At least this has been my experience. I just don't understand why they have such a negative connotation to them. It's a motorcycle with an auto transmission and a step through floorboard. THATS IT!! Damn near just as fast, gets better gas mileage and it's just as fun. So there!

Ride safe everyone and be proud to be a scooter rider!! Mscmkr

I met my girlfriend working at the scooter shop, and she loves scooters!!! I'm a lucky scooter guy!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »
Thinking about the impression of scooters I believe they fall in the category of the special needs kid in school. Everyone sees us ride these machines and they automatically think they should feel sorry for us. It is as if scooters are not cool, but they are for those who never wanted to get a car, or motorcycle. They think we are crippled and cannot possibly do anything without being dependent upon someone else for our well being which is just pathetic. We can educate those around us until we we take our last breath, but nothing will get through to those precious rocks of theirs which is a shame.

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 08:04:28 PM »
In other words we are the Timmy's of South Park. Everyone consider us the retards on two wheels because we refuse to not conform to the rest of the crowd. This is my opinion.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 08:23:02 PM »
I met my girlfriend working at the scooter shop, and she loves scooters!!! I'm a lucky scooter guy!!!
Hold on here.....she was working at the scooter shop, and you wandered in bothering everybody. Or you were working there and she came in to brighten everyone's day.?
 Or you both were working there and she saved your bacon from being fired for crossthreading a plug?
Which was it?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2015, 10:49:47 PM »
My money is on the GF being a used vespa that sat in the corner for years and is named Gertrude.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2015, 11:02:26 PM »
Thinking about the impression of scooters I believe they fall in the category of the special needs kid in school. Everyone sees us ride these machines and they automatically think they should feel sorry for us. It is as if scooters are not cool, but they are for those who never wanted to get a car, or motorcycle. They think we are crippled and cannot possibly do anything without being dependent upon someone else for our well being which is just pathetic. We can educate those around us until we we take our last breath, but nothing will get through to those precious rocks of theirs which is a shame.

I just laugh as I pass by all the suckers stuck in their cars during rush hour before and after work, laughing all the way home!!!! You know what I've always said to people who don't like something? f*** EM'!!!!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2015, 11:03:09 PM »
Hold on here.....she was working at the scooter shop, and you wandered in bothering everybody. Or you were working there and she came in to brighten everyone's day.?
 Or you both were working there and she saved your bacon from being fired for crossthreading a plug?
Which was it?
Stig

LOL I was working here, and she came in with her VESPA ET4. She now works here, and it is very interesting at times.

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »
From a vespa to a kymco ???
ALL STOCK

SUPER 9 MANN

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »
i checked out Vespa's=====way too high on price

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 04:39:02 PM »
i checked out Vespa's=====way too high on price
And I believe . . . there in lies the problem. americans are willing to pay for something they "believe" isn't real transportation but a leisure toy. Then if it's a toy well you know how that goes. Buy it, use it a season and then go find a new toy. With that mentality potential scooter riders aren't willing to pay for quality when they think they are just buying a toy. I believe it is part of the dealers responsibility to "sell" the scooter. I've been to a half a dozen scooter dealers, looked at the scooters and never been approached to answer questions, talk about the lineup, advantages/disadvantages, etc. I had to be the initiator. Maybe that's how it is with two wheeled sales but if they want to get that old stock off the floor maybe the dealers should be a little more proactive (IMO).

Took a couple different paths there, hope you get the drift.
Wayne

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 08:45:39 PM »
When I come tooling back into the drive on my scooter - my wife says , "You look very European".
You know -
Riding inside my white full face helmet - wearing a full hi viz safety vest over an armored jacket - and good Icon gloves - and my hideous Slider Mom Jeans w/knee armor -  I don't give a rat's patoot what folks think, as long as they see me. Because I am a very happy scooter rider.

As an American, I do not ever expect to be lauded for riding a scooter - and if kids see me they probably wish they had one. I have 3 neighbors who bought Kymco scooters just becasue they thought I looked like I was having a Hellofa good time when I went by their house. They ea. stopped me in my yard and told me so.
Small town rural Ohio.
Go figure.
The guy across the street just bought a Harley - I think 2 years of watching me riding 365 to work on my scoot and my son on his new bike - "got to him" . (my wife's words)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()