Author Topic: slow acceleration  (Read 7282 times)

magordon7

• View Profile
slow acceleration
« on: July 11, 2010, 07:44:39 PM »
hey. my lc super 9 is off the line slow. 5mph to 20 is nice then 20 to 35mph is very very slow. once the rpms hit 7000 feels like it has great power and acceleration... any ideas guys? im thinking new variator and clutch.

art

• View Profile
Re: slow acceleration
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
Hey mag That would be my guess lighter weight can help also.How many miles and mod you got.Welcome to the forum!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 11:06:09 PM »
...yup, what art said!!

;D

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 05:33:41 PM »
thanks for reply guys... it has about 1700 miles. and its a 2005. i bought it used with 1500 miles at local honda shop. i know its derestricted it has no rev limit and i have had the spedo to the M on MPH going down a hill. carb, intake and filters are all stock. it has a turbo kit exhaust that seems to give it top end power. heres a pic for that. i appreciate the help. any suggestions on brand name for parts? molassi seems to be a favorite. and should i get clutch or variator first? i have to get 1 part at the time for now as cash flow is limited.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 06:44:29 PM »
I'd get the veriater first and take a close look at the plug,you may be loseing some performance do to lean condition with aftermarket pipe and to small a main jet,I'd open up that air box too.Stock clutch should be fine untill that big bore kit  ;D .If you want to go real cheap do the airbox and jetting first biggest bang for the buck,you might be suprised!  ;)

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 01:20:43 AM »
thanks for the tip art. sorry if i am unclear on a few things... what do you mean by opening up the air box? getting a K&N style filter and going up on the main jet size? if so what size jet do you recomend or do i just adjust the stock one. 1 more thing. how do i read the plug? lol i know im total noob to this but good with tools so shouldnt be too hard thanks again

art

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 01:31:06 AM »
Yes on the jets and k/n,I do not have your model but I think #95 is a good start,you can drill your own jet but it is a bit of guess work,can be repaired with salder and drilled again.The sparkplug is the heart and sole of the bike,learning to read the plugs is probably the most iMportant and some times difficult to interprit,heres a link good luck. http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html . this will help ,Think chocalate brown

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 08:38:24 PM »
tons of help art thanks bro

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
Hey thats what wer'e here for,Good luck

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2010, 02:05:11 AM »
The sparkplug is the heart and sole of the bike,learning to read the plugs is probably the most iMportant

..that's like....holy words..................
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 05:40:55 AM »
now. can i remove the plug easily or do i have to remove the body? looks complicated is there an easier way?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 07:05:20 AM »
I dont have your model,the people can be gotten through the cover below the seat,the zx at rear of bike could be reached by moving the mud flap and reaching in,don't know zactly where yours is located,there is usually a quik way to the plug dont make sense to remove any plastic seat bucket at most,I havn't got a close look at a super 9 yet.There should be a link to a shop manual here somewhere,or check the owners manual if you have one.

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 07:18:34 AM »
see i thought so. there is always a way to do it efficiently.  art your advice has helped alot. i dont currnenly have a saudering system so should i get one now or is ther a way i can tune my scoot without one?

magordon7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:26:38 AM »
for the variator what do you suggest? molassi. and for a lighter weight do you mean clutch springs? or what? i apologise again for not knowing just trying to learn before i act

art

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 06:07:12 PM »
You don't need a soldering system unless you plan to driil your own jets,I just use a torch and a flux core solder,This is to fix your mistakes when you go to big,the good part is you will know where that edge is and want to be just under it for best results.Some of the keihin carbs are hard to get main jets for around here Don't know which one you have If jets are available buy a hand full I'm thinking a #95 to a #105.I think mallossi is the faverite around here,I was refering to roller weights,some kits will give you a couple sets one for stock and one for modded but not all.I would do your airbox and jetting first before the veriater too many changes at once can get you confused as to what is and isn't working,try to perfect the motor tuneing first,then mod the hell out of that cvt  ;D  I.m still chasing mine around in circles do to changing Tire size veriater and clutch at the same time,going back to the start with fine tuneing the carb.Good luck

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()