Author Topic: Some info needed on 19mm carb. How much oil to add on 70cc kit ETC ETC  (Read 4449 times)

krisnet55

• View Profile
Just a couple more questions guys.
Once I install the 19mm dellorto carb........
Will any adjustments have to be make to the screws or other stuff?
Will I need to add extra oil in the gas to not blow the engine? If so which kind and how much?
Or is the something else I can do like making the oil pump, pump more?
Do I need to buy any additional jets or do some additional ones come with the carb
What else needs to be done once the Carb will be installed?

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 05:54:12 PM by krisnet55 »

Shaka

• View Profile
The carb will have to be tuned!  I would recommend getting an assortment of main jets.  You will also have to set the idle speed and mix screws.  There is tons of info on here about how to tune the carb.  Here are a couple good links for carb tuning:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/PHBG_tuning_made_easy._%28a_step_by_step_guide%29
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/How_To_Tune_PHBG_Carburetors

Plug chops are the key!!!!!

If you are still going to run the oil pump, I would recommend zip-tying it all the way open as well as adding about an extra 1.5 oz of oil to the tank.  I personally just pre-mix my fuel at a ration of about 38:1 - 40:1.  That way I know exactly how much oil my engine is getting.  Keep in mind adding more oil than that won't help, it will actually lean out your fuel mixture!  If your engine is already broken I would use a good quality full-synthetic oil.  I personally use Bel-Ray H1R.

krisnet55

• View Profile
The carb will have to be tuned!  I would recommend getting an assortment of main jets.  You will also have to set the idle speed and mix screws.  There is tons of info on here about how to tune the carb.  Here are a couple good links for carb tuning:

http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/PHBG_tuning_made_easy._%28a_step_by_step_guide%29
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/How_To_Tune_PHBG_Carburetors

Plug chops are the key!!!!!

If you are still going to run the oil pump, I would recommend zip-tying it all the way open as well as adding about an extra 1.5 oz of oil to the tank.  I personally just pre-mix my fuel at a ration of about 38:1 - 40:1.  That way I know exactly how much oil my engine is getting.  Keep in mind adding more oil than that won't help, it will actually lean out your fuel mixture!  If your engine is already broken I would use a good quality full-synthetic oil.  I personally use Bel-Ray H1R.

What is it that I need to zip-tie? Where in the oil pump are you talking about?

Shaka

• View Profile
The oil pump is somewhere plugged into the crankcase.  You should be able to follow your oil line from the carb to it.  There will be a splitter in the throttle cable.  One cable goes to the carb, the other to the oil pump.  You will want to somehow hold the oil pump lever all the way open, ie. zip-tie.  This will pump the maximum amount of oil to the carb all the time, even at idle. 

krisnet55

• View Profile
The oil pump is somewhere plugged into the crankcase.  You should be able to follow your oil line from the carb to it.  There will be a splitter in the throttle cable.  One cable goes to the carb, the other to the oil pump.  You will want to somehow hold the oil pump lever all the way open, ie. zip-tie.  This will pump the maximum amount of oil to the carb all the time, even at idle. 

will I still need to add oil to the gas? If so how much when tank is filled

Shaka

• View Profile
I run about 38-40:1 ratio.  That is about 3 - 3.25 oz. of oil per gallon.  I would think maybe an extra 1 oz in the tank to be safe.  Zombie adds extra oil to his tank, maybe he will chime in with how much.  This is the whole reason I premix, I like to know exactly how much oil my scoot is getting!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU DONT USE YOUR OIL RESERVE TANK AND JUST POUR IT INTO THE GAS TANK  ???
ALL STOCK

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
the premix is extra for shaka... zombie removed his pump alltogether.....
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
You got us backwards batman. I tied the pump open, and also add about an ounce of oil to a full tank. And yes I doo fill the oil bottle. This will only work if you by GOOD 2t oil. Cheap stuff will foul the plug, and deposit carbon. You really only need to zip tie the pump if you use a jug kit/higher compression/high rpm cvt
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
..i gotta start following these 2t posts more closely...

..imma be needing them pretty soon...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

0BARK4322

• View Profile
WAIT A MINUTE---YOU ADD 2 STROKE OIL TO YOUR GAS TANK AND YOU ADD 2 STROKE TO YOUR RESERVE TANK
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Yes, and Yes! The oil pump runs about 40:1 at WOT. At idle it goes down to 100:1. When you are doing 60mph at 9'000-10'000 rpm, and close the throttle the 100:1 just doesn't cut it. The oil in the fuel is also a good insurance policy against pump failure. I want my scoot to last a little minute.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
...saved that post in th' archives..

...mix and pump...

..ya'll shoulda seen me tryin to figure out where th' f*ck to drain my cranckcase oil......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile

..ya'll shoulda seen me tryin to figure out where th' f*ck to drain my cranckcase oil......
Hmm, back to the pepperoni pizza....
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
...i'm just sayin'...

..i layed down on th' floor...

..got my 3-LED torch out...was wiping dirt and craning my neck...

..opened the service manual, and ...well.. that wasn't a lot of frikin' help...

..never did find the drain plug...

...hmmm....

...lol...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()