Author Topic: People 50cc 2T - 2008  (Read 1768 times)

LCG

• View Profile
People 50cc 2T - 2008
« on: May 11, 2010, 05:44:44 AM »
I have an 08 People 50cc 2t and I'm finding out a few things that are different than what I've read about older models:

- They do not have rev limited CDI's
- The speedos are overstated by 5 mph up to 40 (which is really 35) and when I hit 50mph on the speedo, my GPS read 39.8 mph.
- It get's to the real 35 (40 on the speedo), without issue. The reamaing 5 mph takes a lot of time and effort...if ever due to head wind or incline.
- With a derestricted boss drive, I can only hit 39.8 mph in a full tuck, with a 5mph tail wind, after traveling WOT for about 1 mile.
- When on the center stand, the engine rev's much higher than when driving at top speed. However, it never cuts out or sputters.

So, I'm looking for a way to get at least 5+ mph without a big bore kit with pipe/carb combo.

My variator weights are 8 grams. I have stock clutch springs (both large and small). Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: People 50cc 2T - 2008
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:23:20 AM »
They do not have rev limited CDI's   Depends on where it is marketed for. You can open the air box w/ some holes. keep your tires at full pressure, 6gr. rollers. 
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: People 50cc 2T - 2008
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:21:38 PM »
..yeah, post a pic of your cdi, or call out the colors of the wires connected to it..

..is your variator de-restricted?..if not, then that'll get you a few mph, and to me, it sounds like you're just up against the scoots restrictions..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()