Author Topic: Super 9 Electric start problem  (Read 1430 times)

heymax63

• View Profile
Super 9 Electric start problem
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:26:36 PM »
I'm not sure what happened but one day last year my electric start stopped working. I could kick start it but that was it. I had all but given up. I pressed the start button and you could hear it click but nothing. The fuse was fine but I thought it could be the Starter relay so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and all of a sudden it worked. Has anyone had a problem like this. I'm trying to figure out if it is a short? Also, there are two extra fuses underneath the battery compartment. One matches the fuse that is right there under the battery but the other one is bigger. does anyone know where the bigger one goes?. Thanks, Max

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Super 9 Electric start problem
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »
Hi Heymax, The relay does go intermittent from time to time. There is a lot of current flowing thu it. The spade connectors are the weak link in the design. I used to clean, and re-crimp mine all the time until I got tired of it failing, and just through the starter out. There is another fuse holder under the front cowling that protects the voltage regulator.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
ONE IS 7A THE OTHER IS 15A
ALL STOCK

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:47 PM »
...umm, yeah..what they said and..

..Welcome to th' Forum!!
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()