Author Topic: Rev limiter  (Read 10933 times)

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
Rev limiter
« on: March 25, 2010, 02:04:01 PM »
There was post post out there that told you what wire to cut to remove the rev limiter does anyone rememeber what wire it is?

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
Re: Rev limiter
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »
There is no wire to cut on the Super 9.  The old ones had a green wire on the CDI box that looped out of the bottom.  You could unplug this.  That's for the liquid cooled models.  With the new Super 9 (air cooled) you need to change it out for a no rev limit CDI.  They're about $30.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 08:08:00 AM »
There is no wire to cut on the Super 9.  The old ones had a green wire on the CDI box that looped out of the bottom.  You could unplug this.  That's for the liquid cooled models.  With the new Super 9 (air cooled) you need to change it out for a no rev limit CDI.  They're about $30.

~Josh

......and exactly where do I find one which works? I cannot determine if I have  an AC or DC fired S9, it is a 2008 air cooled. I found a couple on fleabay, but who has the best product? Could someone post a link or 2?
 I also found a couple pics of a CDI with a saw cut on the edge; this was supposed to remove the limiter. Anyone see this work? Everyone makes this CDI swap sound pretty easy, but I am having  a hard time finding one.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:35 AM »
Hey buzzbomb. Post up a Pict, or the wire colors on yours. we can figure the best way to go for you. Also the wires going into the cdi... Do the go straight to the stator, or thru the voltage regulator first?
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:50 PM »
Well Zombie, I have read more about the modules, and while checking for 12 volts at the plugs with the key on, I do not find 12 volts. Is this an AC fired unit? I cannot find a wiring diagram, so no help there. Also, how do I post a picture( I know, a newbie problem, but I did read the topics on the help menu.)
I will work on the factory manual I have on CD, but there are no wiring diagrams. The ones I downloaded from timtaylor.net I cannot open with the free RAR frog found there.
Windows7- hmmmmm..........
 ???

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 10:16:55 PM »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »
http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html   7 Zip is a great free software. It will even do RAR's.  http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html   This a the easiest re-size software I have found. You adjust the pix size to anything you want hit resize now, and there is an analyzer that will report the file size so you will KNOW if it right. W/ the key on and no 12v at the cdi you have an ac set-up. Do you have a Dark green next to a Light green on the cdi plug? If not the best suggestion I have for you is to contact Suitai.  http://www.motorcycle-components.com/  Use the PHONE as they do not generally answer email. They are the manufacturer of the Kymco cdi's. They will program an un-restricted FACTORY cdi for you. The cost is less than ANY other cdi you can find, and they give you a 90 day warranty to boot. Shipping from Taiwan to Fl. USA was $20.00, and took 2 weeks. There are others on ebay but you cannot beat factory quality, and the timing curve is designed for YOUR scoot
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 04:41:35 AM »
http://download.cnet.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html   7 Zip is a great free software. It will even do RAR's.  http://download.cnet.com/Free-Picture-Resize-Starter/3000-12511_4-10297789.html   This a the easiest re-size software I have found. You adjust the pix size to anything you want hit resize now, and there is an analyzer that will report the file size so you will KNOW if it right. W/ the key on and no 12v at the cdi you have an ac set-up. Do you have a Dark green next to a Light green on the cdi plug? If not the best suggestion I have for you is to contact Suitai.  http://www.motorcycle-components.com/  Use the PHONE as they do not generally answer email. They are the manufacturer of the Kymco cdi's. They will program an un-restricted FACTORY cdi for you. The cost is less than ANY other cdi you can find, and they give you a 90 day warranty to boot. Shipping from Taiwan to Fl. USA was $20.00, and took 2 weeks. There are others on ebay but you cannot beat factory quality, and the timing curve is designed for YOUR scoot

Thanks for the help, Zombie. I finally got the RAR files to extract, and looked through the service manual a bit. Learned a little more, too. I will check on my CDI this weekend. It is currently snowing where I live, and scooter riding is not really on top of my list this weekend!
 I must say, you guys on this forum are THE BEST!! Scooter help AND computer help, all in one!
 :) :)

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 04:53:27 AM »
Where do you Live?!  It was 90 here today!

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 05:45:44 AM »
Where do you Live?!  It was 90 here today!

Wisconsin: Rustbelt, USA. Current temp..  35*, rain/ sleet mix, calling for up to 4 inches by morning. Best May snowstorm I recall was May 10, 1990. Seven inches that time. Stupid trees that had leaves fell down.
Rained HARD all day today, more to follow tomorrow. I am running out of pellets for my pellet stove- gonna get cold in my rec room this weekend. Maybe I'll burn a sofa............ >:(

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 01:16:45 PM »
I have family somewhere in Wisc. I personally never saw the attraction, but I currently live in a swamp in Fla. so who am I to judge. I hope it's not your favorite sofa!

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 11:20:30 PM »
Remind me not to live in Wisconsin!!!!  Sorry about the sucky weather, another 90+ day here!  I'm sure it will be summer soon enough!

buzzbomb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »
Remind me not to live in Wisconsin!!!!  Sorry about the sucky weather, another 90+ day here!  I'm sure it will be summer soon enough!

Well, I had actually lived in Las Vegas for about a year, so I can honestly say "thats HOT!!", and I mean it.
Besides, winter is only about 6 months, anyway. Thats only about 24 weekends. Really just a state of mind.
 BTW- its warmed up to 47* right now. Should be about 50 all week, with lows around 30. No scooter riding to work this week! I aint that desperate. ???

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 12:46:47 AM »
Well, I had actually lived in Las Vegas for about a year, so I can honestly say "thats HOT!!", and I mean it.
Besides, winter is only about 6 months, anyway. Thats only about 24 weekends. Really just a state of mind.
 BTW- its warmed up to 47* right now. Should be about 50 all week, with lows around 30. No scooter riding to work this week! I aint that desperate. ???

I don't think I want that state of mind! :D

reallypfc

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 01:40:43 AM »
The old ones had a green wire on the CDI box that looped out of the bottom.  You could unplug this.  That's for the liquid cooled models
thanks for the info ...just got a new cdi for my stolen super 9 and it does have a green wire coming out the back :)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()