Author Topic: 70cc piston kit  (Read 5486 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 70cc piston kit
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 01:11:14 AM »
This part is easier. Using HIGH TIN solder, and RUBY FLUID as a cleaner you can solder the jet closed again. I use sewing needles to keep an opening in the jet (pilot hole as it were) Just use a smaller bit, and you can clear the solder by hand. I use an electric stove in the back room to heat the jet much like a soldering iron. One jet will tune your scoot w/ a little patience.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »
so you think I made the jet to big? I am trying to get the jet to a 100. that is what I think I need. So let me get this right to big of a main jet wont let it start. even with ether?

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 09:19:50 PM »
Zombie I went to the store and got a 90 and 95 jet for  my kehin carb. I still cant get it to start. I removed the plug and put ether right into the cylinder. Nothing
removed carb and reed valves put ether in there nothing. any advice? I am totally losted here.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 11:09:38 PM »
Start over from the beginning. Use a NEW spark plug to see if you have spark. Use indian shellac/permatex #3/ OMC perfect seal, to reseal all the gaskets. It sounds like you lost spark somewhere. Another thing that happens alot is when you pull the boot off the plg it will pull the wire away from the boot. Try unscrewing the boot from the wire, cut 1/2" off the end of the wire, and screw the boot back on. You want to see a bright spark.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 12:01:00 AM »
I have done that, pulled it all apart and put it back together I will try cutting the plug wire. I have spark not sure if it is a bright spark. Well keep you posted will be a few days before I get there. Thanks again you have been a huge help

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »
found my problem. The bottom ring is stuck in the ring groove. So I am losing compression. I am ordering new rings. Will let you know how it goes when I get them in.

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 01:31:26 AM »
I've had that happen on my ZX50.  I just took some fine grit sandpaper and cleaned up the ring land and the ring and all has been well for at least 5,000 kms now.

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 02:19:20 PM »
I found a site for all you looking for a different site. I think www.scootertronics.com went out of bussiness. I tried calling them for replacement piston rings and the phone number doesnt work. Check out this site for parts http://www.partsforscooters.com/

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 02:59:39 PM »
I found a site for all you looking for a different site. I think scootertronics[/b].com]www.scootertronics.com went out of bussiness. I tried calling them for replacement piston rings and the phone number doesnt work. Check out this site for parts http://www.partsforscooters.com/

..they took my order for a new carburetor and an air filter on the 23rd of April...

...now I can't get in touch with them either...

..damn...

..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 03:22:37 PM »
I found a site for all you looking for a different site. I think www.scootertronics.com went out of bussiness. I tried calling them for replacement piston rings and the phone number doesnt work. Check out this site for parts http://www.partsforscooters.com/

..hillbilly, i just made contact with scootertronics...

240-288-8220

..the other numbers don't work...

....>whew<....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 07:16:30 PM »
Thanks, I have been trying it but seems to be busy.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()