Author Topic: 70cc piston kit  (Read 5487 times)

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
70cc piston kit
« on: March 25, 2010, 01:59:28 PM »
I just installed a 70cc piston kit on my 2007 super 9. I havent had the chance to ride it trying to find some exhuast bolts but I will keep you all posted on how it does. I started it and it sound beefy.I will put up pictures of the kit once I get them downloaded off my camera

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: 70cc piston kit
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »
You rock Hillbilly. I bet w/ all the reading it will go like a champ!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 01:39:43 AM »
yeah got a lot of useful info from u all

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 01:42:35 AM »
Right back atcha Bro! Post as you go, and it WILL help the next guy.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 01:45:42 AM »
This is the site I got the piston kit from http://www.scootertronics.com/hipecyki70.html I dont recomend them if you are in a hurry took almost 2 weeks to get the part and they told me it would take 2-3 days to ship.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 01:50:49 AM »
They are an order it as they get the order shop. (I think)

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 08:21:10 PM »
Hey zombie. I got the piston kit in now I have a hard time getting it started. and it once stay running once I get it up to about 25mph it cuts off and hard to restart. any suggestions?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 08:33:18 PM »
The first place to look would be the carb. Once it starts, have you adjusted the idle circuit? It should need about 3/4-1 full turn richer. I would also try raising your carb. needle to the highest position. The jug kit will need to be re-jetted but these tips may help confirm that. Don't run it lean cause it WILL burn the piston. Try these 2 things, and either open the jet manually, or get a few up sized jets, and it will come together. Also do you have any idea of the clearance between the piston top, and the cyl. head?

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 10:56:14 PM »
I dont know the clearance of the piston. I have tried adjusting the carb and it doesnt seem to make a difference but i will try again. I thought of ordering a jet kit or bigger card for it. other than that it went together well took off like a bat out of hell till it bogged down and died on me.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 02:17:04 AM »
It does sound lean. Have you seen sidthesloth's posts? Same condition you described! He has put a larger carb because his kit needed one, and your kit does need a larger main. 2-5 sizes bigger will do. I'm surprised they don't add a jet kit w/ a cly assem.

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 02:38:34 AM »
Yeah I think its a lean condition. I am looking at a bigger carb. It would be nice if they had a jet kit in the cyl kit. good news is my Boss came in the mail today so its time to take apart the clucth to change it. thanks again for the advice and I will keep you posted

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 04:14:30 AM »
No doubt. Please do

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:43 PM »
here are the pictures I took of the cylinder kits

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 02:39:28 AM »
That looks soooo nice!

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:07 PM »
will waiting for my jet kit i decide to drill out the main jet and shim the needle back one shim. I used a #59 drill bit and was crazy enough to do it with out a drill press. Now here is my problem I cant get it to start. I have spark i sprayed ether into the carb and it wont fire. Anyone got a clue where to look now?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()