Author Topic: '07 KYMCO Super 9 restrictive boss drive photo  (Read 14538 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: '07 KYMCO Super 9 restrictive boss drive photo
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2009, 04:01:53 PM »
It's good to hear it does what you needed it to. I tried one that a guy in the marina bought (for trailer tires) it started to smoke while turning the second tire loose, and wouldn't take a charge after that. "Pretty much disposable"
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 04:36:27 PM »
As long as you go into that store knowing that everything they sell is "disposable"  they won't let you down!  I usually just buy tools for a specific purpose at that time.  If it accomplishes that particular job, then i feel pretty good about it!  If it continues to work for other jobs, even better, but I don't expect it too!  You definitely get what you pay for!  ;)

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 05:17:24 PM »
Rigid, makes a decent cordless 1/2" impact for a fair price. It's great for around the house projects. Even did a good job changing tires/ wheels on my truck.
--HI, I AM WONDERING IF THE BOSS CAN BE REMOVE WITH A WRENCH--I SEE YOU USE A IMPACT TOOL TO REMOVE IT
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 09:22:51 PM »
The one thing to stak away from is the hand held impact driver. The one you hit w/ a hammer. They will reek havoc on the bearings!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 09:31:26 PM »
--HI, I AM WONDERING IF THE BOSS CAN BE REMOVE WITH A WRENCH--I SEE YOU USE A IMPACT TOOL TO REMOVE IT

..I use apair of 10" vise clamps and a block of wood to hold the fly wheel...17mm 1/2" drive socket and ratchet to remove the nut...

..an impact wrench works well, just gotta be careful not to strip the threads...

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 09:48:15 PM »
I haven't had a problem with the threads stripping, but I have had to replace one of the nuts!

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 05:44:01 PM »
A GREAT DAY FOR ME--I CHANGE MY RESTRICTED BOSS AND IT WAS A BREEZE---NO INPACT WRENCH WAS NEEDED, JUST A SOCKET WRENCH FOR MY 2003 SUPER 9
ALL STOCK

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 11:23:15 PM »
What a Difference huh?

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »
YEP, A BIG DIFFERENT ---MUST MAKE SURE THAT THE PULLEY NUT IS TIGHT'IN WELL :O)
ALL STOCK

Hillbillyscooter

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 02:38:14 AM »
Does anyone have a picture of what the boss looks like after you machine the collar off? I am gonna do it myself and any help would be great. Thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 03:05:13 AM »
You dont need a pict Hillbillyscooter. Just machine the collar of flush. Not removing any length, just the width. It will take 10 minutes in a lathe.

LCG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 06:30:25 AM »
I am a Super 9 newbie, so I thought I would post this photo to help other Super 9 newbies understand one reason why a restrictive Super 9 is annoyingly way too slow.  I am getting ready to take the piece in the photo to a local machine shop and have the restrictive metal portion machined off hoping to get to 40 mph or somewhere thereabouts.

Happy scootin'!

Can you repost the picture. I have an 08 People and want to get the boss drive derestricted. I've seen a stock part but not close up enough. It would  be great to see a pic of the CDI green / light green wire splicing too. I just bought it, cleaned out the carb, jets and adjusted the air / idle. Now I'd like to get from 35 to 45mph

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 07:37:03 AM »
Hi lcg, There is a photo posted by yakblackburn. There is a dark green, and a lite green wire coming from the cdi. 1 goes into the main harness, and the other ends at the cdi plug. The one that ends at the plug(and has no wire into the harness) gets spliced into the the other. That eliminates the rev limiter. By the way I have a Super Fever but the S9 is the cats meow as far as I am concerned...

LCG

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 05:29:18 AM »
I can feel your pain axy. Until I started to look on the "net" I was at the will of the local dealer ( who is far less informed than MOST of the riders I have met) A lot of research into what works/ who has the best price/ and cheapest shipping route, goes a long way. The only draw back where I live is all the want to be on Jerry Springer trailer park dwellers. New York boy married to a back country girl. Thats MY pain...

LCG

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 05:32:45 AM »
I can feel your pain axy. Until I started to look on the "net" I was at the will of the local dealer ( who is far less informed than MOST of the riders I have met) A lot of research into what works/ who has the best price/ and cheapest shipping route, goes a long way. The only draw back where I live is all the want to be on Jerry Springer trailer park dwellers. New York boy married to a back country girl. Thats MY pain...
I ordered a derestricted boss drive from my local Kymco dealer for my 08 People 2t as it would barely go 35 unless I had a tail wind. The part came in and when I broke down the case, I found it had already been derestricted by the orig. owner. Sooo, if anyone needs one, let me know. $35 w/shipping to 50 states.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()