Author Topic: No electrical power on key turn but kickstarting works.  (Read 1971 times)

Nespac

• View Profile
No electrical power on key turn but kickstarting works.
« on: April 23, 2023, 05:28:58 PM »
Hey! I ran into a bit of an issue with my Super 8 50 4T 2009. I was just finished with work, got on the motorcycle, turned the ignition key and I got nothing. No lights, no digital clock, no dashboard lighting, nothing. Starter and horn neither. Tried to kickstart the bike and that worked after a couple of tries but none of the electrical systems came on from that so I had to ride home at night with no lights at all. It was sketchy but its not a great distance luckily.

At home I checked the battery with a multimeter and it holds 12.5V fine. One of the 7A fuses was out so I changed that but still no results. Any idea what the issue here is? I assume the wiring is cut somewhere since the battery is fine and the lights didnt work even through the generator (which is clearly fine since it could give power to the spark plug to get me home). I was thinking the ignition switch was wrong but then I dont think the bike could start at all.

Also one more thing, the infamous LCM module is taken out of this bike and wired together since that used to cause me some issues with my lights. Dont know if that matters but I thought I'd let you know.

Appreciate any help!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()