Author Topic: 70 cc kit issue  (Read 574 times)

Super8boy29

• View Profile
70 cc kit issue
« on: May 16, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »
Hi there, I’ve recently installed a Naraku 70 cc kit on my super 8. Running a 86 jet with stock airbox which I took the snorkel out and a Leo Vince sito pipe. Starts up pretty much first kick and idles up nicely. Acceleration greatly improved, I’ve only gotten up to 40 mph briefly as I’m trying to break it in properly. However, twice it just died on me whilst riding, I’d roll off onto a pavement and start it again and it’d run like everything was normal. Wondering if anyone has any experience with BBK on these bikes and could give me an insight of what the issue might be.
Thanks

Mark James

• View Profile
Re: 70 cc kit issue
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2022, 02:31:01 AM »
You are soft seizing (overheating).  Pressue test your cylinder first.  If it holds 6 lbs for a half hour you are good to go.  If it doesn't hold pressure, reassemble with hondabond.  Next step, get a temperature gauge.  I am using a $25 one from amazon which works well.  Tune the carb (jet size, needle clip position) by temperature.  Tune the variator (rollers/sliders) using the tachometer.  Keep the engine under 350 degrees, the lower the better.

Check out my posts for my 2 year saga with my bbk on the same engine.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 02:55:35 AM by Mark James »
Tao Tao 50 (sold)
Kymco Super Fever (sold)
Piaggio Fly 50 (sold)
Kymco Like 50
-Malossi BBK
-19mm keihin clone 92,38,needle clip 5
-original muffler with restrictions removed
-Polini variator w/8.5 rollers
-runleader temp/tach
Kymco Like 200i (parts bike)

An Error Has Occurred!