Author Topic: Unrestricted Variator Boss - No Change  (Read 802 times)

CelticKnyt

• View Profile
Unrestricted Variator Boss - No Change
« on: October 26, 2021, 01:19:10 AM »
I have a USA 2020 Super 8 50x, it was getting right at 25mph flat when I got it. I pulled the CDI pink wire and it started getting up to 33/34 mph flat & downhill. I just changed out the variator boss from the shouldered to the unrestricted (they were both the same length 38mm), and afterward I am still getting the same max speed, only now it seems like it's taking longer to get to 33/34. It has the stock variator with the factory 6.5g rollers and I am about 6ft, 230lb.  What could be causing this limitation that would make removing the variator boss restriction have no effect?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 07:38:04 PM by CelticKnyt »

Roytheroach

• View Profile
Re: Unrestricted Variator Boss - No Change
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 03:13:48 AM »
I have a USA 2020 Super 8 50x, it was getting right at 25mph flat when I got it. I pulled the CDI pink wire and it started getting up to 33/34 mph flat & downhill. I just changed out the variator boss from the shouldered to the unrestricted (they were both the same length 38mm), and afterward I am still getting the same max speed, only now it seems like it's taking longer to get to 33/34. It has the stock variator with the factory 6.5g rollers and I am about 6ft, 230lb.  What could be causing this limitation that would make removing the variator boss restriction have no effect?

This happened to me when I first derestricted my variator with a grinder lol. Are you now at a lower rpm than you were at that speed before? Like before you used to top out your gearing around 25 then Rev out to redline. Now your gearing doesn't top out til like 37, you're not reaching peak hp. Pull out that intake washer, get a jet kit and do whatever to derestrict the exhaust

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()