Author Topic: 2018 - main fuse blowing , aftermarket exhaust problem????  (Read 772 times)

WillJamesSC

• View Profile
2018 - main fuse blowing , aftermarket exhaust problem????
« on: September 21, 2021, 10:52:09 PM »
I have a garage kept 2018 Kimco super eight 50cc. It’s been a good scooter after I put a new aftermarket exhaust on it to try to pick up a mile or two per hour on the top end, The main fuse started blowing.

I was thinking, there is no way these two things are related, how can a aftermarket exhaust cause a fuse to blow?

But the fuse didn’t start blowing until after I put the exhaust on. Is anyone else having trouble with the main fuse blowing on this bike?

Does anyone think that my problem is the aftermarket exhaust is somehow overloading the circuit?
IDK…

eamartin

• View Profile
Re: 2018 - main fuse blowing , aftermarket exhaust problem????
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 11:40:40 AM »
Unlikely relationship.  However, retrace in your mind everything else you did about the time of the exhaust installation that might have involved wiring - even inadvertent things.  Did you pinch or damage a wire accidently? 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 01:47:16 PM »
I'm not familiar with 50's - was there an oxygen sensor attached to the old exhaust on this scooter?
And ah....did that aftermarket exhaust gain you anything , other than noise?

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Roytheroach

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 09:23:08 PM »
Unlikely relationship.  However, retrace in your mind everything else you did about the time of the exhaust installation that might have involved wiring - even inadvertent things.  Did you pinch or damage a wire accidently?

Second that. There's a short somewhere. A positive wire is pinched/exposed/melting, the wire is contacting metal, which grounds it

If you did the exhaust, see if there's a wire hanging on it. Did you smell burning rubber?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()