Scooters - 125 to 300 > Yager GT 200i

Bought a Kymco Dink 200i, in not working condition, won`t start!

(1/4) > >>

FSSF:
Hi everbody,

Netherland buyer overhere  ;D
I bought a Dink 200i 2008 in non working condition. The previous owner said he stalled the scooter in running condition and that after one month the scooter didn't want to start anymore.... True or not true, it is what it is.

Facts:

- The engine is cracking okay when I try to start, so the brake and switch stand (signal) is fine.
- Pretty good spark, tried with two bougies.
- The injector was a bit so so, but at least fuel is coming out (see movie below) I can imagine that because of the clogged gasoline the spray pattern get bad, but a not starting engine because of this....
- Battery power is good (starting cables to another car)
- I can see the spark looking thru the injector hole (when injector is removed). Not sure if this is normal when the engine is sparking at his useless stroke...
- Tried with brake cleaner on the air inlet and injector inlet port while starting
- Tried to control the injector separately with a 12v signal
- When doing the things above sometimes there is a fire (because of the fuell/brake cleaner on top of the manifold/engine) but not a single running engine :(
- Valves are having some clearance, didn't measured anything but at a certain point both of the valves had clearance.
- Fuel pump delivers pretty good amount and pressure of gasoline

I can not imagine but it feels like it is sparking at the wrong time.

Are there people here who have experienced this problem? Would be great to hear some advice from the Kymco experts :-* Many thanks!

Ruffus:
@FSSF welcome here!
First of all, previous owners might not always tell you the full story.

Assuming the motor has not been dismantled and no one was in those generator side to probe its pick-up, I would do like that:
-check kill switch!
-tap valves correctely
-new sparkplug and cap

-reflush your injector from nozzle side
(spraypattern seen on your video way too "rayish", has to be a fine mist)

-control all fuses and cables there
-is sparkplug wet of fuel or water?

-ignition adjustment is not possible without special KYMCO test items

-brake lights are on when you pull levers?
NO brakelight NO START!

-jumpstart cables from a car battery
-injection motors start on first rev usually

Pls give us a feedback.

FSSF:
Thanks.

- Kill switch is fine, CELP/motor management light is lighting up when putting the kill switch to run
- What do you mean with tap valves correctly, setting the clearance?
- I have another spark plug cable and cap, nevertheless the spark is looking pretty strong

I tried to blow carburetor cleaning under pressure thru the nozzle. Without any effect till now. I saw in the Kymco manual another way to do it. In a closed container so you will create a kind of closed system. Will try that soon.  How do you flush an injector from the opposite side?

Didn't paid to much attention to the spark plug, the few times I took it out it was looking average, not dry not wet. So not really useful information.

- Brake lights are on while starting (otherwise even no cracking and injection at all, correct?)

Ruffus:
-Yes, setting valve clearance.
-AND, this injection models need not a GOOD voltage to start but a VERY GOOD one
-always try some other (new) parts like sparkplugs and caps

-take the injectors fuel line off and put it on this injectors nozzle (cables still connected)
ignition on and start (reflush injector)

This injector has a magnet valve which needs electric pulses to open, otherwise NO flushing.

Check sparkplug again, wet or not?

Yes, no brakelight no starting but cranking in certain models!

Still suspecting your kill switch. I would open and short it for testing.

FSSF:
Well, that was disappointing today :P

The piston is pretty damaged, the engine was very warm it seems and the piston is dead. Hopefully I can save the cylinder with some labor. Unfortunately it surprises me how little parts for the Dink 200 are available.

Any suggestions for finding a new (cheap cheap cheap ;D ) other piston?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version