Author Topic: Aftermarket Forks  (Read 1104 times)

Emil

• View Profile
Aftermarket Forks
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
My forks/front-shocks have gone bad. I would love to replace the seals and springs, but there are no parts available. Only the entire forks at about $85 each plus shipping.

Since I think they never performed well and I don't want to replace them again in two years I was wondering if anybody here has aftermarket forks installed or heard of good ones that fit the Agility125.

jiangwayne actually mailed me that they have nice ones for something like $350, but I really don't want to spend so much.
Any suggestions anyone?

-Emil

2010Iron883

• My 2010 Iron 883
    • View Profile
Re: Aftermarket Forks
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
I dont undertand why guys have so much trouble out of there forks. My scoot is a 2007 and nevr leaked the first time and they are working just as they did day 1. I hope you can get some that will work for ya.

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
After something like 5-6000km they became stiff and unresponsive. When I pressed them down manually they would resist a little bit and then go down somewhat smoothly. But when hitting a bump this little resistance made the shocks almost not working at all. I  changed the fork oil a while later and the original oil level seemed to have been prefect.
The oil change made no difference at all but now as I have something like 13k km on the odometer it seems there is no oil in the forks anymore. Pretty frustrating. Called scooterworks, scooterwest and dontknowwhat and none of them has atermarket forks. Just ordered new OEM's  - bye bye $170 ...

docjones

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 08:13:44 PM »
So can you tell me how many onces go in each fork leg and where did you get this information. I haven't tried to look it up but one of my girlfriends fork legs is leaking and I was just wondering.
09 Agility 125

Emil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 01:01:21 AM »
The repair manual says 38 +/-1 cc but it might be a good idea to measure how much comes out of the fork as well.
Be very careful when you remove the circlip that sits right under the dust protector. This thing gets damaged extremely easy.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()