Author Topic: What are you getting for gas mileage?  (Read 16875 times)

FireCaptain

• View Profile
Re: What are you getting for gas mileage?
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 11:57:40 PM »
65 MPG on my first fillup that I have checked. 250i  All intown from 30-55 mph.

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2011, 05:26:05 PM »
Excellent Post garumn. It just rocks to get that kind of gas mileage. I've been kicking around the idea of getting a 400 or 650 Burgman so I can bring a passenger for longer trips. I just have a hard time justifying a purchase of something with 45 - 55 mpg when I'm getting such great mileage.

Not that I'm cheap....just economical!

I owned a pair of Burgmans.  My wife got about 55mpg on the 400 S, I got about 42 on the 650 with a Givi tall screen.  For carrying a passenger you can't beat the 650, and the storage holds twice as much as the Xciting.  I'm getting between 50 and 52mpg on my Xciting 500 Ri.  Everyone always seems to get better mpg numbers than I do - but I'm really tall and tend to pull quickly away from lights and such.

I prefer the XCiting 500 to the Burgman 400.  I use it for commuting, errands, carrying my daughter, and short (50-60 mile) pleasure rides.  The Burgman 650 is heavier than the Xciting by far - but it handles better because the engine is mounted in the frame like a motorcycle - instead of moving with the rear wheel like on the Xciting.  I'm a single parent now so I don't get to go on longer rides.  For what I use it for I didn't feel like having the extra weight and cost of the 650 - since a 2 up day long ride isn't something I see myself doing for a while.
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »
Axy, I didn't post the name of my scooter, since this is the Xciting 250 section of the forum.  You are right that I'm a big guy, and I know that this will affect my mileage.  But looking at the other mileage comments, I was wondering if there is something amiss with my X 250.

There are actually 3 versions of the Xciting 250 - the carbureted Xciting 250, the Fuel Injected XCiting 250i, and the Fuel Injected with a smaller windscreen Xciting 250Ri.  The Ri gets the best mpg - but they should all get better than what you are getting.  If you ride in traffic a lot with a lot of stops and starts - then I could see you getting really bad mileage. 

I'm 6' 3" 230lbs, and get 50-52mpg riding my 500Ri with a heavy hand.  If you are concerned that it's the bike and not the driving conditions then there are a few things you can check.

1)  Check your tire pressures.  Don't overinflate them - but don't let them run low.
2)  Check your parking brake to make sure it isn't dragging. 
3)  Put the bike on the centerstand and spin each wheel to make sure they spin freely.

Since we're about the same height - have you put handlebar risers on or modified the seat back to move back further?  They are both simple and cheap, and made it a lot more comfortable for me (I don't think they changed my mpg though).   ::)
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

FireCaptain

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 03:16:43 AM »
250ri first 3 tanks got 65, last tank I have an early model windshield ( taller) and got 63.

CommuterScooter

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 07:34:56 PM »
I probably average 58-60 consistently.  My commuting consists of 9 miles with 13 potential lights in the city and 9 miles of only a couple of potential stops with long 50 mph zones.  I ride with an average to heavy hand.  I did get 64 mpg on my last tank and that was from a long trip, 150 round trip, on the freeway with the RPM's around 7000-8000.

B.T.W., I discovered the bikes RPM's handle speeds of 60-65 comfortably (gps confirmed not speedometer).  I could push it into the low 70's but wasn't comfortable with running the RPM's that high for long.

X250
09 Xciting 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2012, 06:02:49 AM »
   Could not help myself~
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »
I'm not into rap - how do I get off this thread?
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2012, 10:39:21 PM »
Rap is the new Opera Yo!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BigOrange

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 04:06:05 AM »
2007 Kymco Xciting 250 orange.

Replaced diaphragm in carb gas mileage went from 70 mpg to 63-4 mpg. Huge increase in power delivery and personal happiness. I find it difficult not to smile while I am on it.  60+ miles per gallon isn't bad and that smiling thing is pretty cool too.

I wish I could ride more and drive less!
2009 Xciting 500i White!
2007 Xciting 250 Orange!

ailixhomes

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2012, 06:27:43 AM »
There are actually 3 versions of the Xciting 250 - the carbureted Xciting 250, the Fuel Injected XCiting 250i, and the Fuel Injected with a smaller windscreen Xciting 250Ri.  The Ri gets the best mpg - but they should all get better than what you are getting.  If you ride in traffic a lot with a lot of stops and starts - then I could see you getting really bad mileage. 

I'm 6' 3" 230lbs, and get 50-52mpg riding my 500Ri with a heavy hand.  If you are concerned that it's the bike and not the driving conditions then there are a few things you can check.

1)  Check your tire pressures.  Don't overinflate them - but don't let them run low.
2)  Check your parking brake to make sure it isn't dragging. 
3)  Put the bike on the centerstand and spin each wheel to make sure they spin freely.

Since we're about the same height - have you put handlebar risers on or modified the seat back to move back further?  They are both simple and cheap, and made it a lot more comfortable for me (I don't think they changed my mpg though).   ::)
Hi JustWantToRide,  I read your whole post about gas mileage. This all information is very useful for me because after one week I have to go for long journey. So your all information are use for safe journey. 

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2013, 08:01:37 AM »
For gas mileage, go to fuelly.com where you can track your miles per gallon. It converts the kilometers into miles. I am averaging 75 miles a gallon.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()