Author Topic: scooter viers to the left  (Read 2079 times)

maximus404

• View Profile
scooter viers to the left
« on: March 19, 2009, 01:21:51 AM »
hey guys, i recently bought a used agility 125 from a guy in my area. the scooter was a salvage title but the thing runs extremely well. the outside looks like crap due to what looks like a front end collision with a post or something but as for the frame it looked unscathed. my question is that the scoot viers to the left when the brakes are applied. the scoot veirs to the left without doing anything but its drivable. i was wondering wht could cause this issue. any info would really help.
thanks
~Max
(p.s. i can get some pics if you need them)

grazo22

• View Profile
Re: scooter viers to the left
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:57:07 PM »
could be bent forks i rekon or loose head bearings
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 04:42:57 PM »
...If I ride with no hands (an act of which I dont condone)..Mine veers slightly to the left....I bought it new...other than that, it tracks straight, even under hard braking..
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 03:37:12 AM »
The frame may LOOK straight, but something IS bent. you can try to compensate by raising the right fork SLIGHTLY in the clamps. 1/4 inch is alot so i repeat SLIGHTLY. I do not want to give dangerous advice, but mine did the same (i could not let the bars go) I raised the right fork 3/16", and can stand no hands. carefull!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:49:03 AM »
After the crash and scooter or motorcycle falling on one side, usually if the forks are not bent, it is the metal part that connects the forks that gets bent. It looks like a "triangle", I do not know what it's called in English and do not have manual at hands to check it out.
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:34 AM »
Triple tree. Could be that or more often the post through the neck. Some things can be compensated for to regain handling, but true it still it will not be perfect. like I said earlier BE CAREFULL! This is a time where smaller is better
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()