Author Topic: New S8 owner from OC, California  (Read 716 times)

caliboy15

• View Profile
New S8 owner from OC, California
« on: November 25, 2014, 06:37:56 AM »
Hi! Guys, I'm a proud new owner of a used S8.lol anyway, it is not my first scooter and I really like the looks of it.

I want to get some do's and don't regarding this scooter

Need some maintenance advice

and oh.... that ugly whale tail fender  >:( I want to get rid of that but I cant find eliminator kit

last thing I want to do is the integrated turn signal / brake lamp.

Thanks! and stay safe!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:09:12 AM by caliboy15 »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: New SP8 owner from OC, California
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 06:52:32 AM »
Welcome aboard CaliBoy.

I'm soooo happy you didn't call it a moped. That alone gets you the newcomer of the month award.

The Mods you listed are simple work. The rear fender is something most people will cut off to whatever length they prefer. A pair of tin snips or a right angle grinder w/ a cut off wheel work just fine.

Whatever you need, there are lots of S8 guys here willing to help. Use the "search" thingy, and look up some of Kreps's posts. He was quite prolific w/ videos, and such. (haven't seen him for awhile). Hmmmmm.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

lukasbasic

• 2012 Kymco Super 8 150
    • View Profile
Re: New S8 owner from OC, California
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:01:57 PM »
riding that things since 2.5 years in L.A. on a daily commuter basis - never any problems, now at 5000 miles.
Lane splitting is a dream, but it takes time to get a feel for your width, especially mirrors
the biggest, cheapest and easiest improvement was adjusting the throttle free play. 
the second cheap and easy one, replacement was putting in a performance spark plug.
maintenance I've done so far with no pre-experience at all was, spark plug replacement, wheels off, valve adjustment, engine/gear oil replacement, throttle free play adjustment, front brake pad replacement

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()