Author Topic: KYMCO to add 500 more USA dealers  (Read 6831 times)

tortoise

• View Profile
KYMCO to add 500 more USA dealers
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:54:07 PM »
Article link.

That is a quite a change in KYMCO USA corporate culture!

hippiebrian

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO to add 500 more USA dealers
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 01:48:22 AM »
I know the dealer where I got mine has a hard time keeping scooters in stock!  When I picked mine up, he told me that a dude who had just bought a Victory dresser came back and bought his last People 50.  After I took mine away, he only had 2 Kymco's left.  He is also a Yamaha dealer and he told me his Kymco scooters outsell his Yamaha scooters like 3 to one. 

A good scooter at a fair price, go figure how they'd sell like hotcakes.  I think Kymco is doing a good thing in finally realizing they have a market in the U.S. that is potentially as large as anywhere else!

supershrink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 10:57:32 PM »
Anybody got a list of the new dealers? We need some in the South suburban Chicago area.

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 04:06:39 PM »
Would like to hear about new dealers in Tennessee.
Have one close by but, does not get good reviews from customers.
Anxious to hear about new dealers.
Is there a list somewhere?.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

boo

• View Profile
hey tortoise
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:21 PM »
Where did you get your information about more/new dealerships?.
Many here would like to know.
300GTI black

Calothrix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 01:18:51 AM »
Check out the link on tortoise's post.  Sounds like most of the new dealerships will be in the western U.S.

boo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 01:09:43 PM »
Check out the link on tortoise's post.  Sounds like most of the new dealerships will be in the western U.S.

Got it.
Apparently there is no list or locations mentioned.
300GTI black

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 07:46:48 PM »
Would like to hear about new dealers in Tennessee.
Have one close by but, does not get good reviews from customers.
Anxious to hear about new dealers.
Is there a list somewhere?.
Where is TN? Bellevue just got added here in Memphis, within the last six months or so, so we now have at least two dealers and I found them much more interested in selling me a scooter than the older dealership and much more willing to budge from suggested retail (which seemed to be the other dealerships stance on pricing).
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 07:43:33 AM »
I think Kymco is looking for existing ATV and Scooter dealers where they can display and sell their products alongside other brands and not put up new shops.... at least that's what I understand in the news article... This may increase sales of Kymco but may have a problem when it comes to parts if they don't plan this right.  I got my scoot from a Kymco store where they cater only to Kymco and have all Kymco parts.

Just to share.... this is what a Kymco dealer looks like in my country....

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:54:37 AM by Vivo »

maxhush

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:01 PM »
The local Kymco dealers here also sell other brands. I'm just glad to have a choice now of more than one dealer. The newer dealership seems to be promoting Kymco much more aggressively than the older one did (they also sell Kawasaki and Suzuki).
2013 Kymco Downtown 300i
2010 Honda SH150i

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 07:24:50 AM »
Do dealers there have inventory of parts? all parts? or "per order" basis...

Joe7911

• View Profile
Re: KYMCO to add 500 more USA dealers ** UPDATE **
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2013, 09:33:29 PM »
Love to know were the new dealers are going to be.
I live in Miami and we have 2 one in Miami Beach and one in Miami with 100's of scooters and 1000's of motorcycles around. We can ride all year but I had to purchase mine in Ft. Lauderdale 53 miles away because the local dealers don't carry 300 or 500 Kymco, silly the one in Miami carries small Kymco's, Yamaha Majesty's and Suzuki Burgmans 400 & 650.
Yet they say that reason for not having the bigger Kymco is because no one buy them, does not make sense. If you don't carry them they won't sell them. Anyway service locally also is awful Miami Beach is like the keystone cops a comedy not very professional. The Miami one ($65.00 1/2 Hour labor)  the service department has not ever worked on a downtown 300 or even seen one, service manager asked to see my manual to find out what service is required. Neither give much confidence so for now I do my own service or drive 53 miles to Ft. Lauderdale. We need some PROFESSIONAL KYMCO DEALERS IN MIAMI. Love my Kymco so far,  better than my Piaggio but service is a major issue here.

**UPDATE**
According to 2 of the 8 dealers around within 300 miles, one main reason that they only carry the small bikes under 200cc is price. Small bikes move faster than the Maxi-Scooters and Kymco they said does not help with floor plan like the Japanese bikes. The Japanese bikes have around 6 month before they start to pay floor plan. The others they have to buy strait out and may take several month to sell a big bike compared to smaller ones. This is the main reason I have heard from Owners of bike shops in South Florida. Maybe that is something Kymco should look into. Here like I said after calling all 8 dealers around even 400 miles away only 3 really carry 300cc & 500cc Bikes I don't even know about the new 700cc yet. I hope they come out with some sort of super special for it since it's very expensive, priced almost even with BMW and Suzuki Bergman 650cc.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:37:02 PM by Joe7911 »

desliderman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 02:45:12 PM »
My dealer sells Kymco and Genuine.  They once sold SYM but the debacle with Carter Brothers soured them to that brand.

Though, they still service all brands of scooters...

Don in KC.

terminalbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 10:29:43 PM »
There is a new Kymco dealer in Southaven, MS just south of Memphis, TN. They have been selling Yamaha and Kawasaki motorcycles, scooters and Kynco four wheeler ATVs now they are stocking the Kymco Scooters at good prices. I just bought my 2013 Agility 125 from them. Talk with Heather,Kirk, or Don the service manager
 SKY cycles
8668 Whitworth St
Southaven, MS
(662) 393-2877
2013 Agility 125 Blue

PUMA

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 07:23:51 PM »
I hope some of those dealers are here in Miami. I have a dealer in Miami Beach 25 miles from my house but don't carry DT300. Owner said they don't sell well. The other dealer is is about 30 miles south and that one when I called didn't even know there was a DT300. The only good dealer is about 35 miles Varsity Cycles and they know their stuff and have been around for a while.
Lintex HT 150 cc

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()