Author Topic: Getting rear-ended OPINION  (Read 11236 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Getting rear-ended OPINION
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 06:38:53 PM »
You all see me get pissed off at "cup holders" on scooters. Since you now have to worry about your hot/cold/meaningless beverage, I guesstimate that is about 5% of your brain activity.

Since you are narrow minded enough to add a beverage to your "important" list, I guesstimate you had approx <80% capacity anyway (I'm being kind there).   So 75% of your attention is on the road.

Next time your life is on the line, call a fella w/ 75% capacity, and kick yourself in the ass for not wanting more.

I'm not wan-tingly offending anyone here. I am just trying to make a point we all understand.
Throw those f'n cup holders away! leave the cell phone in the glove box! NEVER turn on the stereo while driving!
If you think you can drive ANY vehicle with these things... STAY OFF THE ROAD! You will hurt someone!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »
Looks like I'll have to stop playing candy crush while drinking my Americano on my scooter from now on.......
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
I carry, and I am real close to going Charles Bronson at stop lights. ;)

I've learned to pick my battles, but w/ soooooooooo many to chose from, it gets tougher by the day.
Thank god for herbal sedatives! 8)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Triesandluth

• Getting it, a mile per hour at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 02:55:46 PM »
Looks like I'll have to stop playing candy crush while drinking my Americano on my scooter from now on.......
Is that the only reason you go out to ride too?  I thought I was the only one...
Almost...at...speed...limit... Aww, brake lights..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 10:27:44 PM »
Did anyone else hear that sort of "pop" noise? :o

The room is getting dark. We must be having a brown out...  What's a stroke feel like? :'(

I'm keeping an eye on you Tries...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:29:32 PM by zombie »

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 10:38:48 PM »
don't worry. i pull over between levels.  :P and i use a silly straw for my coffee.

back to topic though, i have taken this subject into consideration. just today there was a rubbernecking motorist that tried to get me while a fleet of emergency vehicles drove by. i had a feeling, while watching in the mirror, and inched forward and to the right of the vehicle stopped ahead of me while the suv behind me closed the gap. i gave a heart felt dirty look and they waved apologetically.

needless to say, i let the go ahead of me. no need to chance it.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 11:08:18 PM »
Just one Silly Straw?  You can't have soda races w/ just one straw...

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2015, 02:13:19 AM »
i keep a length of fuel/vacuum line in my underseat compartment for those that forgot their silly straw. It has only been used a few times and i find 93 octane to compliment many foods.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2015, 06:51:29 AM »
Are you related to BlueSin?

Triesandluth

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2015, 11:53:36 PM »
I'm not sure. If he/she is a convict, recluse, or degenerate of some sort then possibly.
i was dating a girl that was proud of her geneology, that her family had been guilotine operators for important people. i was afraid to look up mine to find that her ancestors were the ones chopping up mine...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2015, 11:59:45 PM »
Look up Johnny Knoxville s family.  There are perhaps four leaves on 2 branches.

As far as BlusSin...  I'll let her fill in the blanks. ;)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
You all see me get pissed off at "cup holders" on scooters. Since you now have to worry about your hot/cold/meaningless beverage, I guesstimate that is about 5% of your brain activity.

Since you are narrow minded enough to add a beverage to your "important" list, I guesstimate you had approx <80% capacity anyway (I'm being kind there).   So 75% of your attention is on the road.

Next time your life is on the line, call a fella w/ 75% capacity, and kick yourself in the ass for not wanting more.

I'm not wan-tingly offending anyone here. I am just trying to make a point we all understand.
Throw those f'n cup holders away! leave the cell phone in the glove box! NEVER turn on the stereo while driving!
If you think you can drive ANY vehicle with these things... STAY OFF THE ROAD! You will hurt someone!
One of the first posts I read after discovering scooter forums was a DIY for installing a cup holder - sourced from a well known Vespa parts house. I was thinking I must be doing something very wrong .... I cannot imagine ever raking a drink of anything while out in traffic on my scooter.
I carry a thermal mug of coffee, frequently - but it is in my top case waiting for me to get to a rest place where I park the scoot take some snaps and have the coffee.
Besdies...the coffee would freeze solid in a cup holder in the temps I ride in. In the top case it is in a thermal cup inside 2 tied plastic bags wrapped in a large towel.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 01:24:12 AM »
Love ya Stiggy! For a moment I thought your post was gonna head the other way.

I used to have a swinging type cup holder on the bars of my bike in St. Augustine. By the time I got home most of the beer had splashed out, and my cigarettes were all wet. I learned the hard way.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 01:00:25 PM »
Are you related to BlueSin?

I train them well,Bro, I train them well .

;)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 01:05:37 PM »
Look up Johnny Knoxville s family.  There are perhaps four leaves on 2 branches.

As far as BlusSin...  I'll let her fill in the blanks. ;)

Sorry, Z-man...I keep my phone accessible ( not used unless not riding ) just in case the SHTF .

Ancestry.com tells me my relatives were Roman Emperors and Kings and Queens of Sweden and Denmark ( Fathers' side ) , yet - here I am but a Serf . My Mothers' side only can be tracedback to Guards to the Royalty in England . This wasfound out when my Sister bought the DNA test version of ancestry.com.

I could read stories of my ancestors all day,but- then, I'd have no time to tend to my Herb Garden.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()