Author Topic: Metallic clicking from My Bet&Win 250  (Read 351 times)

Togger

• View Profile
Metallic clicking from My Bet&Win 250
« on: December 03, 2018, 04:32:17 PM »
I hadn't started my scooter for about a month because of the cold weather, so I charged up the battery and it started yesterday on the first try. However, I noticed an unusual exhaust note, sort of a light metallic clicking from the exhaust. It diminished after a few minutes, so I decided to ride for about an hour. Everything seemed fine, and at the end of the ride the sound was barely noticable. Do you think it was because it hadn't been ridden for a while? Can I damage the scooter this way?

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Metallic clicking from My Bet&Win 250
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »
Any UNUSUAL sound should be investigated. Could you make a recording and post?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 09:42:05 AM »
It's probably just a loose clamp or bracket on the exhaust, or the noise might be caused by heat expansion on the thin exhaust plates when the exhaust heats up.
You probably experience very cold weather in your area at the moment. When it becomes warmer again, you might not hear the noise. I wouldn't be too worried about the noise.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Togger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 10:33:08 PM »
Well I finally got it started (after adding oil) and it didn't sound too bad. Rode it for an hour. seemed okay but maybe a little loss of power, it's hard to say. I'll just have to keep a better watch on the oil level.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »
Well I finally got it started (after adding oil) and it didn't sound too bad. Rode it for an hour. seemed okay but maybe a little loss of power, it's hard to say. I'll just have to keep a better watch on the oil level.

You might find that it chuffs through it a bit now - I had a scooter that was similar a few years ago. It went for quite a long time after the damage was done. Check it once a week or more :)
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()