Author Topic: [VIDEO] Removing and Cleaning your Carb  (Read 2313 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
[VIDEO] Removing and Cleaning your Carb
« on: March 08, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »
Took care of cleaning my carb yesterday and am slowly getting the videos posted.
Note: My first time venturing into this wilderness, so bear with me.

Here's Part 1
Wayne

wkreps

• View Profile
Re: [VIDEO] Removing and Cleaning your Carb
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 06:27:45 PM »
The last of the 9 part series should be up tonight. Just search my YT channel for the Super8 playlist.
Wayne

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 06:45:04 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  Good info.  I don't do well trying to follow directions in the shop manual.  This is much better.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

manimal

• 2013 Super 8 150
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 01:23:27 AM »
How many miles on your scoot now, Wayne?

Thanks for highlighting the carb rubbing against the chassis. Something I'll need to check on mine too. Just gotta make it a priority and find the time to tear into the scoot ...... Something's I seem to lack interest doing these days.

BTW, what did you do to resolve the issue, if any?
~Daren
California (Nor*Cal)

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:40:48 PM »
I should turn 4000 miles this week and it turned 1 yr old on March 7.

I contacted the dealer on the float bowl issue. I explained I thought it was a manufacturing issue with the inital install of the carb. Sent pictures and linked to the carb connection video I made last April. KYMCO has approved a warranty repair and I'm awaiting part arrival before I make an appointment to get it fixed. I'm really pretty lucky in hindsight I caught it last April cause I believe that if that continued to rub, it would have worn through and started spilling gas onto a hot engine. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A BAD SCENE.

Also when I talked to the dealer on the phone I requested he get names of individuals at KYMCO that he talked to so I could reference them. Because, if they turned down the warranty claim I was going to call KYMCO myself. He was like, "Good idea."
Wayne

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:02:44 AM »
Is the super8 the same carb as the movie, curious as to the motor too? I know the heads are different, 4 valve vs 2. What is your YT channel and how does one access it?

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 04:24:10 AM »
Not sure if the Movie/Super8 engine is the same but you could look up part numbers and compare to see.

My YT channel is here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/wkreps

Click the "playlists" tab and then on the "2013 Super8 150" playlist to see a list of videos I've published.
Wayne

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 02:08:26 AM »
How many miles on your scoot now, Wayne?

Thanks for highlighting the carb rubbing against the chassis. Something I'll need to check on mine too. Just gotta make it a priority and find the time to tear into the scoot ...... Something's I seem to lack interest doing these days.

BTW, what did you do to resolve the issue, if any?

Took it to the dealer today and they put on the new float bowl while I waited. All covered under warranty and I'm good to go.
Wayne

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 02:14:04 AM »
Hello wkreps,

My son-n-law has 2011 Super 8 150, and I was thinking about a 2013 Super 8 50 2T available locally for a good price.  I knew about your vids on how to remove the plastic and watched them today.  Thanks for posting, you did a really good job.

I have 2003 Super 9 LC and 2005 People 50 2T and have removed the plastic on both these scooters.  I was concerned the Super 8 may be even worst than my experience with the Super 9 and People, but your vid appears to show about the same level of frustration I experienced.

I was trouble shooting the ignition on my none running Super 9 and as you described, you have to keep taking off plastic to get to one area because something is always in the way.  After awhile you have all the plastic taken off, and a few busted tabs to boot, very frustrating.  My neighbor came over and thought I was going to just put the scooter and all the plastic on the side of the road for garbage pickup.  Luckily, it all goes back together somewhat easier and seems to stay together nice and tight even with some damage.

Thanks again for your vids.  Cheers
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()